what tube does what ?

-

purplescamper

Reaction score
I got this overflow canister yesterday with no instructions. it has two tubes on the bottom and I'm trying to figure out what tube does what any ideas ?

100_2541.JPG

Look at the inside and you should see the two tubes are at different levels.
The shortest one goes to the radiator so it can pull coolant back into the engine.
The taller one is the overflow where pressure gets released, or if the tank fills too far the coolant can drain out.
I made mine out of a shotgun shell thermos and used the bottom of it the same basic way your new tank works so there are no hoses out in plain view.
The 26 inch radiator needs every bit of that volume.

recovery.jpg

Look at the inside and you should see the two tubes are at different levels.
The shortest one goes to the radiator so it can pull coolant back into the engine.
The taller one is the overflow where pressure gets released, or if the tank fills too far the coolant can drain out.
I made mine out of a shotgun shell thermos and used the bottom of it the same basic way your new tank works so there are no hoses out in plain view.
The 26 inch radiator needs every bit of that volume.

View attachment 1715090247

Use that space between your ears.........Put some water in there, turn it upside down and see which tube drains

If there is still doubt blow on first one and then the other, and the dip tube is obviously the one "you can hear bubbles" or if you are blowing on the "top" tube the dip tube is the one that ejects water

-
Back