what type of engine paint

-

Ryan426_

Reaction score
hey im looking to paint my engine the original hemi orange what is the best brand and best place too get it,, i know its hemi orange with NO pearl or flake in it just orange!! i used plast-kote crysler orange engine paint on one valve cover but it came out looking like vitiamin C orange

Remember that EV2 Hemi Orange body paint is different than Street Hemi ENGINE Orange.

Plasti-Kote Engine Enamel # 226 Chrysler Orange is what you need.

Remember that EV2 Hemi Orange body paint is different than Street Hemi ENGINE Orange.

Plasti-Kote Engine Enamel # 226 Chrysler Orange is what you need.

ok that is what i have and srayed the valve cover with but it came out looking too much like vitamin c orange im just making sure that is the right color then thank you

End result

P2072518.jpg

I used Mopar Performance "Street Hemi Orange".

Very happy with it. Seems like very durable paint. Dropped some gas drops on it, and it wiped right off without damaging it.

Dealer,Summit,Jegs,etc sells it.

faucet pics 737.jpg

that is the color i think is closest too me hey Johnny how many cans did it take too do entire engine
I used Mopar Performance "Street Hemi Orange".

Very happy with it. Seems like very durable paint. Dropped some gas drops on it, and it wiped right off without damaging it.

Dealer,Summit,Jegs,etc sells it.

This stuff is the ****! Tough as nails and you can get it mixed to the correct color.

U-TECH 3.8 Polyurethane System - High Solids System
U-TECH 3.8 System High Solids low VOC 2K Polyurethane single stage topcoat designed
to produces a very flexible impact resistant film. U-TECH 3.8 Polyurethane, incredible hiding
power that meets the productivity needs of the Fleet market as well as the light commercial
to heavy commercial markets.

More importantly the intermix tinting system allows for color formulas available for both fleet
and automotive saving time and reducing cost.

Product Features:

- Hiding Power
- Very Flexible
- High Gloss
- Easy-To-Spray
- Fast Cure
- Long Term Durability

It's from the sikkens line and you can use a dupont code to get the color. Epoxy prime the block and let it rip.

DUPONT CODE : 5067U

Here's Abodyjoe's engine painted with the U-tech
5-17-05001.jpg

If you decide to go with Mopar Perf paint, I have a case of hemi orange and street hemi orange (in CA). Any of your local MP dealers should have it though.

that is the color i think is closest too me hey Johnny how many cans did it take too do entire engine

If memory serves me correct, I used around 4 cans.

Wouldnt hurt to have a extra for touch up if needed.

JD

I just had most of the paint lift off my intake from a gasoline spill. It was spotless clean when painted. It was the MP paint and I'm not happy about the current situation.

I used the Stree Hemi orange paint from Year One. They claim that it is the only "correct" color paint out there. The tech guy got frustrated with me when I questioned him on it. It looks OK so far but doesnt have much run time yet. It has stained from some carb gas getting on it. Also, it also doesn't like to be re-sprayed and crazed (ate itself). It was $19 a can. Yikes!

My 2 cents.

ijg4503

street hemi orange is a weird color. in some light it looks red and some light looks real orange.

MP sold a street hemi orange for years and years that was no where near the proper color. i know a few years ago they came out with a restoration street hemi color that was supposed to be the right color. not sure if all their street hemi is the new mix or not.

but like stated the best way to do it is with epoxy primer and the u-tech 3.8. that paint is awesome stuff. i've spilled gas on it and its still perfect. sprayed carb cleaner on it and still perfect. the stuff is great

alright thanks guys for the input i like the look of that street hemi orange on johnny's dart engine but it seems it isnt very deriable

Everytime I used that MP paint it is just way to thin and wont cover. It takes like 8 coats to get coverage.

alright thanks guys for the input i like the look of that street hemi orange on johnny's dart engine but it seems it isnt very deriable

That's what this site is about, different opinion's. My opinion is that the MP paint is as good or better than any paint out there. The color is correct as well.

This motor is still new, but to this point I have had absolutely O problems with the paint.
Totally satisfied with it.

Good luck !

good b/c that is the paint i want
That's what this site is about, different opinion's. My opinion is that the MP paint is as good or better than any paint out there. The color is correct as well.

This motor is still new, but to this point I have had absolutely O problems with the paint.
Totally satisfied with it.

Good luck !

-
Back