What Ujoint

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok so my set up is 73 duster 4 speed with 83/4 diff just swap gears and ended up using a 489 case I did have a 741 case now it’s all back in the car I know the ujoints/Yoke is different the 489 uses a larger ujoint but what ujoint does it use

You probably have a 7260 driveshaft, and a 7290 pinion yoke. There are 7260 yokes for 10 spline 2881489 pinions, And there are fine-spline 7260 yokes for the big pinions, but last time I checked they were over $150, and that's a long long time ago.
Oh Geewhiz already covered in previous post, sorry

You can get an combination U-joint....listed as 2-0527. It's not the same number I used ( a Precision U-joint), But I don't remember the Precision# either.

Last edited:
let me offer one more alternative. We have a really good 4X4 truck place in Topeka that also specializes on drive shafts. If you take accurate measurements on the diff yolk, and take in the drive shaft, they will install the correct U-joint for a very reasonable fee. I think the last time I did it they charged $40 for the part and installation. And it was a good quality part. That way there is no guessing. See if you have a similar place.

-
Back