what was the first year for the space duster?

-
I think 1974 was when they started to get crazy with all the different packages to sell the Duster.

My 73 has the fold-down rear seat and sunroof, was the sunroof a part of the space duster package?

Anyone know when the first year was for the fold-down rear seats?

umm, I guess that would depend on which vehicle you are speaking about considering the 64-5 and 66 barracuda had the first fold down rear seats

BTW I understood the question and knew of the vehicle he was speaking in regard too

didnt you mean to ask about the ... and i'll quote chrysler the HANG 10 duster yes 1973 fisrt year production

My 73 has the fold-down rear seat and sunroof, was the sunroof a part of the space duster package?

No, it was a separate option. I have had cars with just the fold down back seat and presently have two 360 Dart Sports with the fold down back seats and sunroof. I have NEVER seen a sunroof car without the fold down back seat, though. Of course, there were the Swinger with the sunroof but cannot have fold down back seat. I'd like someday to have my cars decoded by Galen to see how many cars actually came with sunroofs. I don't think there were many.

I had a 73 with both the options and a 318/ 3spd manual trans with a suregrip equiped rear. Nice fun car.

1973 was the 1st year as stated above.

Fold down rear seat with trunk dress up option C73 was known in the brochures as the Spacemaker package

Chrysler nicknamed Dusters with C73 option and M52 manual sunroof option as "SpaceDuster". The Dodge Dart Sport version was nicknamed the "Convertriple". In any Chrylsler literature I've seen when the term SpaceDuster is used the C73 & M52 options are both pictured or mentioned together.

Many 1973 sunroof A-bodies were made with just the M52 sunroof and not the C73 fold down seat option and vice-versa of course.

My old Duster was a 1973 340-4spd car with M52 and C73 options besides many other options.

No, it was a separate option. I have had cars with just the fold down back seat and presently have two 360 Dart Sports with the fold down back seats and sunroof. I have NEVER seen a sunroof car without the fold down back seat, though. Of course, there were the Swinger with the sunroof but cannot have fold down back seat. I'd like someday to have my cars decoded by Galen to see how many cars actually came with sunroofs. I don't think there were many.

I've had my #'s matching 73 340 Dart Sport "convertriple" decoded and documented by Galen Govier. He does not have a #'s breakdown for the M52, C73 options, combined or seperately, be it a 340, 360 car, ect. My guesstimate is the percentage is low for 340 and 360 cars with these options.

I have also been told that G.G. says all M52 crank sunroof A-bodies came with a white headliner regardless of interior color. NOT! My headliner is the original in excellent shape, never altered in any way shape or form, and guess what? It's Black.

-
Back