What was your favorite childhood cartoon?

-
Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote

wp2.jpg

i remember wheelie and the chopper bunch, land of the lost, inspector gadget. of course tom and jerry, bugs bunny road runner show. the old scooby doo before scrappy.

spiderman was my fav it was on every sat morning at 9 am ya the old version late 60s early 70s

The Flintstones and Scooby Doo. I still watch Scooby when I see it is on TV. Haven't seen the Flintstones in years. I wish a network would put them back on the air.

Roadrunner is the best.
Anyone ever catch on to the stuff Popeye mumbles. Makes Popeye fun to watch again

I guess my choices make me the youngin of this conversation. I grew up with bugs bunny/looney tunes and they are certainly great, but when i think of a favorite cartoon, i think of the ones that first appeared during my childhood. Rocko's Modern Life and The Angry beavers. two cartoons that are shockingly edgy when you rewatch them.

Notable Rocko's modern life episodes: Best friend moves in and becomes a nudist, Xmas episode where its revealed that santa is just a fire breathing robot powered by elves, Best friend dies and goes to hell...meets his grandmother there, and a lot of very un-PC jokes

Angry beavers notable episodes: The "tail slap" episode(which is a masturbation episode) and the fact that they got cancelled after some moron exec. said they couldn't use "spoot" anymore(they're substitute obscenity) and in response made an episode where the characters said spoot as often as possible.

Reading between the lines, they were just as dirty as beavis and butthead, but were more subtle about it.

Ya. I watched tmnt a lot when I was a kid too

You should go and see the new movie- took my girls and it was pretty funny. My older daughter (who is 10) about freaked when "Sheldon" (from "Big Bang Theory") did his cameo...Dave Grohl is in there, too. A ton of cameos'

Not for children:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5IJRXoKQE"]Speed Racer Remix Alpha Team (Dirty version) - YouTube[/ame]

Johnny Quest- censured by FCC because they said "damn" a few times!

How about Earthworm Jim?

"Morning, nieghbor!"

"Morning, hideous freak of nature!"

All the Looney Tunes cartoons
Fat Albert
Speed Racer
Kimba the white lion
Scooby Doo
Spiderman (60's version)
Rocky & Bullwinkle (Hey Rocky,wanna see me pull a rabbit out of a hat?) LOL!
Sir Graves Ghastly/The Ghoul...not cartoons, but still cool nonetheless!

-
Back