what were the stock specs on steel wheels for my Dart?

-

Chryslerkid

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what size stock wheels came on my car originally? I have a 1971 dodge dart swinger 2 door slant six car. Thanks

My guess is that they were 14 x 4.5. 14 x 5.5 was the heavy-duty option. But I really don't know if they were still putting 13" wheels on 6cyl Darts in 1971 or not. Does the car have any other options, like 10" drums or disk brakes?

the car does have disc brakes in the front. i don't remember off the top of my head how big the rear drums are, but i know that they are stock with the little 7 1/4 rear end

what I'm trying to do is get a more comfortable feel to my daily driver. right now with the 19" boyyd cottingtons wheels and low profile tires, i have a rough ride everyday.

what I'm trying to do is get a more comfortable feel to my daily driver. right now with the 19" boyyd cottingtons wheels and low profile tires, i have a rough ride everyday.

I'd go to a 14" or 15" wheel with a minimum 60 series tire....70 would be even better ride.

I give up. Round and metal?

okay thanks for the info and help guys. i will keep looking. i may just end up going with 15" ralley wheels. anyone know if there is a fair priced distributor for those?

Wheel Vintiques through Summit is reasonable.

thanks rusty. yeah i was looking at them online today. i'm just not sure exactly what dimensions i NEED to have in order to fit the front disc brakes and rear drums ect..... but thats probably the route ill go.

-
Back