What will I need to put my /6 in a truck

-

Ges2343

Reaction score
I have a /6 in my 75 dart sport that runs great. I have a 73 d100 custom that has a 318 727 combo that does not run so great. I tried selling the slant 6 but dont want to give it away so im going to use it and put the d100 back on the road. What all will I need to put that /6 in the truck while keeping the 727. bellhousing and motor mounts?

You'd need some serious conversion parts to keep those items. If it's just a putt around truck, you could put the whole drivetrain in it from the Dart but you'd still have to make a custom driveshaft for it and get the truck only slant 6 motor mounts, accelerator cable, oil pan, and pickup. If you plan to haul anything, you'll want to get the slant 6 version of a 727. Doing that will also let you use your existing driveshaft. You'll also have to do some cooling and electrical mods.

Well that puts a damper on things. That's to much trouble just to put a slant 6 in I was just going to use it to putt around in but. For the trouble I could just get another small block. Thanks

-
Back