What will this run?

-
How much wind speed?
Think you'll pick up 2/10ths on a still day?

Probably steady 20-23 mph right down the track.
Fall air it should run high 40's, maybe even mid 40's. Happy with what it is, time to put a dial on it now and start racing. Never seen this many cars at Norwalk for Monster Mopar

Ops! Mistak on my behalf, what your hoping in is what I ment. Which was .200 & not .02.

I figured the complaint of high head winds would be significant winds.

Weekend best ended up 11.585 at 115.53 with a 1.62 60 foot.
It definately needs some attention regards the convertor, and would probably like some more gear as well. Save that for the offseason.
But all in all happy the changes netted almost exactly 6/10th's to this point. Not bad for first time out after initial test and tune session.
Pretty sure it will run 11.40's before long in some good air.

Very close build and weight to our car before we started new build. Only difference is it has 4.56 rear. He ran its best 11.2-3s and said it was a printing machine at 11.5 index.

Good luck. Nice ride!

Hey B3422W5, where did ya shift at with the previous cam? The 294S.

Shift it about 6k with both cams. Crosses just over 6 as well. Doesnt seem to like to run past that point, so i shift it when it quits pulling.

Last edited:
Shift it about 6k with both cams. Crosses just over 6 as well. Doesnt seem to like to run past that point, so i shift it when it quits pulling.

sound like your gearing is good.

Well, in real bad air with a strong headwind yesterday, it ran 11.64.
Better weather today( Saturday) hopefully it will pickup a little more.
All in all happy. The improvements netted a nice gain.
60 foot improved from 1.70 best first outing to 1.62 yesterday. And the first outing was in much better conditions, more like it will be today.

I think you are there but the problem is your 60 foot. I average 11.70 and 60 foot 1.55 using SS springs, cheapo D250 rear shocks and 90/10's up front

BTW.... that 11.5 index class at monster mopar weekend was the most fun I ever had at the track, very well set up!

I think you are there but the problem is your 60 foot. I average 11.70 and 60 foot 1.55 using SS springs, cheapo D250 rear shocks and 90/10's up front

Yes, your right. Car doesnt have enough convertor.
Wont get it adjusted to this combination till after the season
Sometime before i put it away going to try collector extensions and see if that helps the 60 foot any. It might.

I agree.
The cam we installed is probably one size bigger than what the car would like the most....... but it was on the shelf and wanted it back together for Norwalk. Put a dual plane on it to try and help.
I think getting the convertor right will help the 60 foot a lot. This tight 4500 one that was in the car when i got it just doesnt hit very hard. But its an ATI so its worth sending out and getting adjusted. The biggish cam will like the higher flash as well.
The car pulls very nicely in 2nd and third gear, next season it will in first too, hopefully.
Fixing to head out to US131 this afternoon. Test and tune tonight, race tomorrow as part of the Northern Nationals this weekend.
See if it picks up any over the current 11.58 best.

Don have you tried different squirters on the carb? I know you've been down this road before, but I found some small numbers there. Enough small numbers make big numbers.

I started with 31's in my 950HP and moved up until there was no change then went back down one step.

-
Back