What wiring harness to use?

-

Graminizer

The "Big G"
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am getting ready to re-wire my 73 sport and need some opinions on what type of harness I should use. I have looked at harnesses from Year One, Evans and Painless. So far, I think I am leaning towards the Painless harness. Any input would be great. Thanks.

If you want to keep it simple, go with a stock type replacement harness (YO or Evans). If you've got a lot of mods or have to replace everything and start from scratch then Painless may be the answer.

I have more time than money so for a daily driver I would rework a stock harness, if I had a decent one to start with. A few small changes here and there for sure. After 40 years we pretty much know where all the faults are. Most of those being overheated connecters rather than the wire itself.
For a racecar, I'd probably use Painless.
For a concours restoration I'd probably go YearOne.

I am currently putting in a Painless in my sons Duster, If you take your time
and do it right ,Painless is the way to go.Key word is "take your time"
It is definately time consuming .

If you ever have questions using a Painless harness you can feel free to ask me. I can help you with any questions you may have.

What are your plans for the car ? Are you adding more electronics ? Ignitions systems, fuel pumps, fans ?

I would use a Year One harness or Evens harness if your not adding a ton of extras. If its going to see a bunch of extras go with the Painless. No reason to by a stock harness and cut it up or not use half the circuits.

go painless for sure thats what i used, iam an electrical dummy and hooked it fine so if you know what your doing its even better well made kit everything included on my 12 circuit univ

-
Back