What would 8 3/4 rear be worth??????

-

duster360

Reaction score
Thinking about selling the 8 3/4 rear that is in my 67 Dart. What would a complete rear be worth? It was originally a C body housing. It has been cut down to stock A body size, 52 5/8”. All moving parts were bought new and have no more than 3000 miles on them, in a street car.

Has Yukon axles with green bearings and big bolt pattern, 5 x 4 1/2”.
11 x 2 1/2 brakes
489 case
Dana powerlock clutch style differential
Richmond 3.55 ring and pinion
7260 yoke

No, just trying to get an idea on price before I post it in the sale section.

:)

1a8spw.jpg

Usually the "how much is it worth" threads end up with offers to buy. You can always use the search function for other sale threads to get an idea. I usually give a couple warnings in these threads and then the thread gets removed. When you start a sale thread you start out high and you can always come down in price.

Sounds like a nice piece. I'd start at $1500. Now if I was buying it I would pay $1000 but a killer deal would be $750. Not so easy is it? What are you planning on putting in and why the change?

I need to narrow the rear a little on each side. First to get the tires away from the quarters and second reason is for larger tires. I have the dr diff 1/2” offset kit to install. I have 7” cragar s/s wheels now. I am thinking about an 8” cragar s/s with some stickier tires. I have a 4 speed in the car with 245/60/15 Cooper cobras. At 20 mph in first the little 340 will blister the tires. I have another 8 3/4 housing to cut down and back brace and reuse all the parts from my existing rearend or go Dana 60. Having trouble deciding what to do.
Car is a 67 Dart, street car.

If your gonna stick with just a 340, a 8 3/4 Will do just fine

If your planning on going big block later (Or blower) a ran a might be a good choice

I need to narrow the rear a little on each side. First to get the tires away from the quarters and second reason is for larger tires. I have the dr diff 1/2” offset kit to install. I have 7” cragar s/s wheels now. I am thinking about an 8” cragar s/s with some stickier tires. I have a 4 speed in the car with 245/60/15 Cooper cobras. At 20 mph in first the little 340 will blister the tires. I have another 8 3/4 housing to cut down and back brace and reuse all the parts from my existing rearend or go Dana 60. Having trouble deciding what to do.
Car is a 67 Dart, street car.

If you have to cut one down, just go ahead and do a Dana 60.

I'd say around $1200.

This is ballpark.

I sold my OEM A body 8.75 complete and ready to run for 1,000.

If you need to buy a rear, buy a Dana! Don't waste your money on anything else.

1200 piece by piece
900 all in one piece
approximate

Get some sticky Mickeys on it and you wont have that blistering problem.

Cut "C" body 8 3/4 $100 for the housing.

And what ever you could get for the rest of the parts.

I bought an 8 3/4 complete with Richmond sure grip 4.11's for $750.00 two years ago. I bought recently a 71 parts dart with an 8.75 open diff for $500. And the seller is a hardcore mopar guy, like the president of the local mopar club so he is fully aware of the value of it. I see guys listing empty A-body rearends with only backing plates for $1500. Now will it ever sell at that price? Doubtful as the guy I bought the parts dart from couldn't sell the car with the rearend for $550 that he listed for months before I bought it. It depends how bad you want to sell it and even more so how realistic you price it. In my area $750 sure grip $500 open. I see guys listing center chunks for more, but they dont sell, because its not realistic market value. At least not in my area.

And I bought a 3.23 Sure Grip chunk from a friend for $100. Installed it and rock and roll!

Looks like Prices are all over the place. Guess if I go through with it I will just have to come up with a number and see where it goes from there.

-
Back