What would be a good temporary exhaust system?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I just need something to get from point A to B. about 15 miles.

All I'd need is some straight pipe, or cheap mufflers.

How would that work? Would I new collectors to go into the straight pipe, or mufflers?

I do have two collectors, but I wanted to use them for my "real" exhaust,and don't really want to spend more money on something I'd only use 15 miles.

I'm just trying to think of a way to rig this up temporary.

Thanks!

I was thinking about towing it... I think the cops are getting weird about that stuff around here though. You think they'd prefer that over a car with open headers driving past there town though? :)

If you get pulled over just tell them you got it running and are heading to the exhaust shop….

They see this kind of thing all the time.

I'd drive it. You'll figure out what rpm is the quietest. Have someone follow you
too. Mike

I have my wife drive it down there while I'm at work... when she did that with my 69 barracuda, she almost jumped through the roof when it fired... I told her it would be loud but.... she didn't realize how loud.... (LOL) they also happened to be doing construction on the road in front of our house... they guys got a kick out of her driving it out with open headers.....

Oh yeah, if you are by a cop, try to keep your foot steady so you are not accelerating or decelerating a bunch... decelerating a bunch can make a bunch of noise too!

I just remembered my cars isn't registered this either... Whoops! That could cause other problems. Ah... $75.00 more dollars down the drain. :(

Hey get the cheapest mufflers you can and have collectors welded on.

-
Back