what would you do and why

-

blk00rt

Reaction score
I have 2 different sets of heads right now in the garage that I want to put on the dart.

Set 1 x heads with 273 adjustable rockers, New Eddy cam and lifters, springs

Set 2 eq cylinder heads magnum style drilled for LA engine. 1.7 rockers (if I go this route I will check for PTV clearance and change the springs out)

I know if I go with set 2 I would have to change lifters and pushrods..that does not scare me at all. I may even change to a roller cam and lifters at that point.

Engine is a stock bottom end 360, unknown cam, ld4b intake and a 650 carb, long tube headers and a 2400 stall converter.

This is going to be a winter project for me so i can take some time to save up money for the cam swap.

With a stock bottom end and low comp pistons the magnum heads for sure, will get decent compression with those and flow just as good if not better than the X heads. Are the 1.7 rockers adjustable?

With a stock bottom end and low comp pistons the magnum heads for sure, will get decent compression with those and flow just as good if not better than the X heads. Are the 1.7 rockers adjustable?

The 1.7's are not adjustable but I will have to measure pushrods. I have done this before so its not a big deal to me.

What is the use for the car? Drag race, or daily driver, or?

fun weekend driver and maybe sometimes a trip or two to the track..nothing serious on the street, I have the dakota for that.

Agreed.

Rob, I'd go with the magnum heads for reasons stated above but I would also ditch the LD4B, it's more suited for 318 size ports ,and look for a RPM, or something with 340/360 sized runners.

Gary

-
Back