what would you do?

-

ir3333

Reaction score
O.k. your going to start a new project:

You finally find your all time favorite and it has all the options you like
but it needs floors and quite a bit of body/rust repair.

...you also find a model you have always liked that is completely
rust free,but certainly not your favourite.

both are priced fairly and are complete but not numbers matching
...Which would you buy?

Go for the All-Time. Work will be rewarding and the chance may not come again...

Probably shouldn't state cars until later. You will probably get biased responses...JMO

Parts availability the same? Room for power plant of choice the same?

Rust free, non-favorite. That way after you get it on the road quickly, you can trade up to your favorite, assuming it hasn't become your new favorite by then.

Similar or equal value when done.
let's say 68 273 Dart and 68 273 Notch Barracuda for arguments
..either could be your rusty favorite versus the other as clean and rust free

i vote for #3

screw the rust bucket. the hell with one ya just like. go find your all time favorite but one that is as rust free as possible..

In my opinion it would depend how much of the work you can do yourself. If you can do body work/painting there is your answer. If you can't body work gets very expensive. Bobby

Go with favorite ! What happens if you DONT go with your favorite & down the road you cant find one, afford one or just never get a chance again. Some cars are getting harder & harder to find & if you do find one the seller wants a million for it. I would buy my favorite car as a basket case instead of a beautiful car that I really don't want. Even if they are the same price. JUST MY THOUGHTS

-
Back