What would you do?

-

Greasyfingers

Reaction score
I've belonged to an off-road club for damn near 25 years. Recently one our members, soon to be ex-wife, sent an email to the club regarding some potential wrong doings.
To me, it seems like a defamation of character, since there have been no charges brought against this person. I've known this guy for 25 years and I find the accusations hard to believe. Granted I never lived with this person, so I don't really know much about his private life. Should I respond to her accusations or just ignore them until further information comes forward?

Forward it to the person who has a legal right to face his accusers and let him figure it out

I’d speak to the person being defamed and reassure him that he is OK, the bad grapes/bad mouthing from the otherwise will be delt with. Basically ignored and she should be told to stop talking to the club and dragging others into there Divorce.

A message to the club members (via a mail as well if possible) to state that this couple is in A divorce dispute with (name the person) trying to expand on there issue by bad mouthing the other. The club should be told to ignore the words as there dispute is there’s and there’s alone, do not believe anything as we know divorces can be messy. Do not get dragged into this matter. Ignore the whole thing.

IF this accused person has been found guilty of a crazy crime, the authorities will deal with him.

Id just stay out of it and tell them both, if confronted by ether of them, “Good luck, sorry this is going down, I don’t wanna know nothing or be a part of anything that has to do with your matter in anyway shape or form. Don’t talk about it to me or anyone, this is your biz, be smart and don’t bad mouth your spouse, just STFU about it all. That’ll serve you well here and in court.”

Last edited:
-
Back