What would you guys do??

-

jaak

Reaction score
I'm always looking for mopar parts and/or cars, I actually went to look at a car listed in the local paper (70 Dart) It was a rust bucket but they had another car that caught my attention. (Sorry no pics didnt have camera with me)
It was a 70 Duster Body, typical mopar rust, worst places were left quarter and front floorpans. The front sheet metal had been replaced from another car, but the rest is still wearing its original sassy grass paint. The interior is pretty bare no seats or headliner, has a decent dash, door panels are there but not in great shape. The interior trim..ie kickpanels, sailpanels, a-pillars are still in place and in good shape.
No Eng or Trans, it was an original 6-banger, but someone had been working on this car.. it had the 73-up spool mount v8 k-member in it, and disk brakes, and had an 8 3/4 rear end in it. Also has clutch pedals and a 4 speed hump sitting in the car. All glass and trim is in usable shape also. I think it would be a worthy project, but it does need alot of work and parts. She wants 500 firm for it.

I would like to have it my first instinct was to jump on it, but I still have to finish my charger project, but I hate to pass it up, if nothing else I wanna buy it, stick it behind the garage and maybe save it for my next project, and plus I have a friend that bought a 75 duster for parts, for 40 bucks (no **** forty bucks! He bought it for 1 quarter glass) So I could get some things of it for little or nothing, like seats and stuff.

So what would you do??? Buy it and save it, buy it and part it on eBay or just pass it on and buy 500 worth of goodies for the charger?

Thanks Jason

"it had the 73-up spool mount v8 k-member in it, and disk brakes, and had an 8 3/4 rear end in it. Also has clutch pedals and a 4 speed hump sitting in the car."

Hell that is $500 in parts with no problem. BUY IT AND STICK IT SOMEPLACE DRY.....If you ever get in a jamb sell just these parts you have your money back.

BUY IT!!!!! No matter what project you are working on these are the parts we always tend to want.

BUY IT!!!!!

Oh did I mention....BUY IT!!! LOL!!!

Just my opinion but the 4 speed stuff, 8 3/4 and discs are worth 500 to me...plus if its an original sassy car ya never know? May be worth hangin on to...just my two cents

Buy it for $500. and put it away. If nothing else, you can sell the parts for that much.

personally i have gone through this we just jumped on my duster and look at what happened to me. but if it has an a-body 8 3/4,bbp brakes, and a v 8 k frame. and if it has glass and all the other hard to find but desireable items its well worth it. so i would be all over that just for the fact that you could easily get your money back out of the car if nothing ever becomes of it.

personally i have gone through this we just jumped on my duster and look at what happened to me. but if it has an a-body 8 3/4,bbp brakes, and a v 8 k frame. and if it has glass and all the other hard to find but desireable items its well worth it. so i would be all over that just for the fact that you could easily get your money back out of the car if nothing ever becomes of it.

What happened with your Duster, is there a thread on it? Im still pretty new here.

Jason

I totally agree, BUY IT! Hell the A-body 8 3/4 all cleaned up and gone over would bring more than 500 alone. I like what Demon said, buy it and put it some place safe and dry if you can and if $ ever becomes an issue then part it if you cant make some cash on the whole car. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I totally agree, BUY IT! Hell the A-body 8 3/4 all cleaned up and gone over would bring more than 500 alone. I like what Demon said, buy it and put it some place safe and dry if you can and if $ ever becomes an issue then part it if you cant make some cash on the whole car. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I will. I got a couple of days to think on it, It would be this weekend before I could go get it anyways. I know this a no-brainer with most folks, but I always get like this when it comes to buying stuff...Im always second guessing.

Jason

I will. I got a couple of days to think on it, It would be this weekend before I could go get it anyways. I know this a no-brainer with most folks, but I always get like this when it comes to buying stuff...Im always second guessing.

Jason
I know that feeling all too well, I get "buyers remorse" before making purchases all of the time! Plus its also a heck of a lot easier for all of us to say BUY IT when its your $500 not ours lol Again, good luck and tell us how it plays out!

BUY IT! look at how much and how difficult it is to find some of those things now. imagine 5 or 10 years from now.

yes..remember you may trade this for a lot more then it cost...

b o d y w o r k

If You Can Afford It It's More Than Worth It, Would Not Wait To Make A Deal, You Cannot Go Wrong For 500 Bucs The 8 3/4 Is Worth That........if You Dont Buy It You Will Kick Your Own *** Later For Not.........yep It's A No-brainer---

What happened with your Duster, is there a thread on it? Im still pretty new here.

Jason

not to hyjack the thread but we will be selling the duster and buying a 73 dart and if you want to see pics of the new dart they are in the need help post in the suspension section

did you get it or get any pics of it?

Not yet, I called a friend that has a trailer (talked myself into getting it this evening) but he hasn't called back yet. Probably go get it tomorrow...If I dont talk myself out of it!

Later,
Jason

Not yet, I called a friend that has a trailer (talked myself into getting it this evening) but he hasn't called back yet. Probably go get it tomorrow...If I dont talk myself out of it!

Later,
Jason
Tell youself to kick your butt:bootysha: and go get it!That,s if you didn,t tell yourself not to!LOL!

........you have to check the gal out a little further. I know you said she mentioned firm and i know as everyone else does that the parts are more than worth $500....but....in reality she more than likely has no idea as to it's value. My book shows that a non running parts Duster books for $400 and that value was placed in a good economy so saying that, i'll say this. Go over with a trailer but drop it around the corner and drive over to her house and give here the old sob story and take a value guide with you if you have one. Show her $400 and if she totally says no and you see she is standing by her price then ask your buddy if he has $100 you could borrow for a couple of years( granted it's the $100 you handed him earlier). The economy dictates in many cases the sellers and the buyers price. I have several cars for sale that i will take a lot less than i'm asking to say the least(economy). Good luck and keep us posted. OK guys and gals, unload on me. Remember....He did ask...

OK guys and gals, unload on me. Remember....He did ask...
No unloading on ya Bill. Sometimes the most fun part of a purchase like this is the "negotiating". Alls fair and in most cases both sides are happy so its all good in the end!

I have several cars for sale that i will take a lot less than i'm asking to say the least(economy).[/SIZE] Good luck and keep us posted. OK guys and gals, unload on me. Remember....He did ask...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR That would be GREAT inside info to know IF I lived closer ! LOL :banghead:

-
Back