What would you offer/pay for a 75' C-body 360?

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
150,000 miles, "doesn't burn oil" {am thinking core}
Comes with A/C stuff & accessories.

I could probably hear it run Friday.

I can't get local 5.9 magnums at the price that previous FABO enthusiast claimed-not locally.

Am not sure I wanna gamble with $600 for magnum that would slowly get built/checked-out between deployments.

I knew C bodies were big, but 75'?

28 feet from bumper to bumper,
last of the sweet old time gas guzzlers,
hard to drive, harder to park,
but when you do, somebody remarks-
That's a mighty big car

Maybe should post this on the Caddy forum

Last edited:
The best thing to do is a compression check of all cylinders...

Pull a valve cover and see if it has very much sludge etc in it...

you can probably soak a lot of parts off the car and either use or sell.

disc brakes, misc. parts here and there.

I would do 500. easy especially if I can hear it running.

if the car is in decent shape with a title you may even be able to sell the car sans the engine.

Anything that old is worth something. You didn't mention what kind of car but there are probably people out there looking for odds and ends from that type of car.

people build a lot of odd ball cars these days ...like old wagons and off years cars :rolleyes:

I think he's just buying the motor!! I would limit my $$ to $300 due to the mileage, and plan a rebuild!

people are going to price according to what they'd pay in there area. In my area, about 200 for a 360 2 bbl, one that ran. there was one on CL complete carb to pan for 200.00.

Check LKQ. They usually have them. There is one in Savannah, and Jenkinsberg, Georgia. That's like 45 minutes up the road from me. I found my 5.0 there for 300 on Ebay. They run specials on Ebay. Just do a search till you find an engine of any kind from LKQ in your area then search their Ebay page. They offer a 6 month warranty as their smallest warranty on engines.

$300 sounds reasonable, unlike your average junkyard 360 it has a car pan.

-
Back