what would you pay for a 70 340 dart hood?

-

snowmobiler7c

Reaction score
Just curious what you guys would pay for this? I found an origional 70 dart 340 hood with the twin scoops locally. I haven't seen the hood yet but the guy tells me its in mint condition. Both scoops are suppose to be nice with the chrome trim and the rubber around the holes in the hood. The only thing missing is the dodge emblem on the front and the hood chrome. I have nice hood chrome anyways. The guy says its in "show" condition, although I would have to have hood painted when I paint my car.

I have been looking for a hood but have been seeing them go for 100to200 without scoops just none locally. This guy wants $500firm, I offered $400 a week ago and he wont take it. To me $500 seems really high am I right or is it really worth that much? Thanks for any input
mark

it is high, but depending how bad you need it!. it is only worth what thebuyer will pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I needed one and one was in GOOD shape, I'd go 500 real quick. You priced repop scoops? His price is reasonable.

If I needed one and one was in GOOD shape, I'd go 500 real quick. You priced repop scoops? His price is reasonable.

Price of new scoops...My first thought as well.
If it is the condition he said it was in, it sounds about right.
If its not,bargain down from there.
Factory 340 hoods/scoops don't come around often. That's a pretty sought after piece.
Buyer beware: Make sure it is a factory hood/scoops. I have seen people trying to sell cloned hoods as factory.

That is a great deal! Rust free hood, factory scoops, bezels, 340 emblems, rubber seals...all this if original is expensive stuff. I have seen used hood scoop round rubber seals go for $100 alone! Repop stuff is junk and most is ill fitting china made stuff. If I were to buy it I would unbolt the scoops and check to see if they are original with part numbers, also check to see if it has the factory studs and mounting hardware, that stuff is really hard to find and always missing. Again, if it is nice like you say and all original Mopar parts, $500 is a great deal!

If you have to repaint it it's not worth much.

What makes a 340 hood? A bunch of extra holes drilled in it. Hood $50-75 even with the holes in it. I've had some Dart hoods for years that I can't sell for $75.
Original Scoops with bezels/emblems now are in the 200-225 range, high side is 275. The reproduction scoops SUCK.
Front trim $75 max

Add it all up and you aren't anywhere near 500 for all the pieces separate. As a complete unit $300 if he's lucky. Watch e-bay, I've bought complete hoods on e-bay for under $200 and asked that trim and scoops be removed and do what the seller wanted with the hood.

I was looking at it pretty much the same way crackedback was. I had thought id find one for around 300 but was willing to go 400 locally. Paint is no issue since no matter what paint I choose I wont find a hood to match perfectly.

I have had the repop scoops with the bezels molded in them sold them right away. I figured the newer ones with the bezels would be nicer.

What sucks is my hood is so perfect I don't want to drill/cut mine so I planned on buying a second hood and painting both the 340hood and stock hood in case I ever w

anted to change in the future.

Maybe I should just pay the 500 if its as nice as he says so Im not wasting my time looking around. Thanks guys
Mark

Well the choice seems obvious since he's got it and you need it, Original sheetmetal is more valuable than reproduction stuff, even if it's high quality like AMD.

Just as an update i did buy the hood. I ended up paying $400 which i feel is fair after seeing what was posted here.. Hood is pretty much mint my body guy wont be doing much work. Rubber seals are nice under the scoops, both scoops are painted black and wont need to be repainted. 340 emblems and bezels are nice. He also threw in the hood hinges and latch. I am happy with the hood, plus now i dont have to waste any more time looking and it was only an hour drive each way. Thanks for the input guys
Mark

-
Back