What would you pay for a slant six?

-

Chryslerkid

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to post my 225 slant six engine and transmission online for sale. I want to have the buyer come out and see it run and drive, then take it out and have him return to pick it up. The motor has 15k miles on it after a stock rebuild. It has a new mini starter. It also has a 390 cfm Holley four barrel carburetor sitting on top of a Clifford intake manifold and Clifford headers. The motor runs and drives perfectly. Never any problems with it since I put it in the dodge dart. What do you think this engine and transmission setup is worth? What would you pay for it? Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to post my 225 slant six engine and transmission online for sale. I want to have the buyer come out and see it run and drive, then take it out and have him return to pick it up. The motor has 15k miles on it after a stock rebuild. It has a new mini starter. It also has a 390 cfm Holley four barrel carburetor sitting on top of a Clifford intake manifold and Clifford headers. The motor runs and drives perfectly. Never any problems with it since I put it in the dodge dart. What do you think this engine and transmission setup is worth? What would you pay for it? Thanks!

Nothing where I am as far as the motor but the goodies are diresable. I have been trying to give one away but it is bone stock with no goodies. If you was on the east coast there is a member looking for one. He has posted on a bunch of threads trying to locate one. The price is determined if you can find someone that needs it.

Hang on to the mini starter because you can use it.

well the clifford stuff, mini stater and the 390 probably come out to be about 1000 bucks used...

the motor and trans will be about 200...

Whatever scarp is goin for. 12-13 bucks per hundred pounds. Not worth anymore than that runnin or not.

I paid $200 2 years ago for a stock motor with offy 4bbl, holley carb and unknown headers. Just depends if someone is looking for 1 near you. How much you want for the starter?

you might make out better selling goodies. sometimes parts are worth more than the whole

Okay..... I guess I'll be storing a motor and selling the intake and headers off to the best offer. Hmmm.... What would a fair price be for the intake manifold and headers as a set?

Okay..... I guess I'll be storing a motor and selling the intake and headers off to the best offer. Hmmm.... What would a fair price be for the intake manifold and headers as a set?

the headers new are 359 un coated and the intake i think is the same... if you ebay them i would start the intake at 175 and the headers @ 200... i think StrokerScamp needs both...

You guys are pretty rough on the kid.
If it as a good rebuild and the tranny is sound, with all the goodies I would give $500 for it.
Plus he said you could drive the ride.
Bad thing is slants dont bring no cash, but yes they are getting hard to find.
2 years ago a local junk yard crushed every slant car, because the owner said they rusted out before the engines would die.

I would advertise it on your closest Craigslist and see if you get a buyer. If you do great and if you don't then split it up, then sell it by the part.

I see. Well thanks for the tips guys. I'll go post em up locally and hope for a buyer. If not, eBay it is.

You guys are pretty rough on the kid.
If it as a good rebuild and the tranny is sound, with all the goodies I would give $500 for it.
Plus he said you could drive the ride.
Bad thing is slants dont bring no cash, but yes they are getting hard to find.
2 years ago a local junk yard crushed every slant car, because the owner said they rusted out before the engines would die.

Could probably get $500 or more even FASTER for the goodies if they weren't attached to the engine!

You guys are being ridiculous. A slant 6 with a legit 15k miles on it is not worth the price of scrap. That only goes for 100k+ motors where no one knows the history on it. I'd say $200-300 without the Clifford stuff.

I'm curious on the year of the motor and trans as well. I'm assuming it's a 904, correct? I may be in the market for one here soon.

You guys are being ridiculous. A slant 6 with a legit 15k miles on it is not worth the price of scrap. That only goes for 100k+ motors where no one knows the history on it. I'd say $200-300 without the Clifford stuff.

I'm curious on the year of the motor and trans as well. I'm assuming it's a 904, correct? I may be in the market for one here soon.

Are you gonna give him that for it?

I don't need a motor anymore but I would pay that if this was a couple years ago and it really only had 15k miles on it. Getting one at the price of scrap and paying a machine shop to rebuild it is not worth the difference in zero miles and 15k miles.

you do realize scrap is pretty high right now as well. If somebody needed it, if they could drive it, if you pulled it for them then maybe they might give you a couple hundred. So put it on craigslist and see. The upgrade parts are worth obviously less then what the lowest price they can be bought new, sometimes only 1/2 as much as no longer is there any warranty. At least you can sell those parts nationwide where you probably have to find somebody locally for the big stuff.

I don't need a motor anymore but I would pay that if this was a couple years ago and it really only had 15k miles on it. Getting one at the price of scrap and paying a machine shop to rebuild it is not worth the difference in zero miles and 15k miles.

So your answer is no. That's what I thought.

So your answer is no. That's what I thought.

If I needed a slant six right now, then I'd pay it in a heartbeat. I don't just go around buying engines I don't need. How hard is that to understand?

Sounds to me like the grumpy old man needs a nap. :finga:

This is like the 300 Ford. The Slant has small niche market of faith full followers. Try slantsix.org

No offense to anyone here as we all have our opinions but asking here is like asking a bunch of Bowtie boys what a 340 is worth.....

If I needed a slant six right now, then I'd pay it in a heartbeat. I don't just go around buying engines I don't need. How hard is that to understand?

Sounds to me like the grumpy old man needs a nap.

Thanks for that...and the finger too. I deleted it from the repost, btw, because I think it's ugly.

What I meant was that regardless of your excuse, the end result is the same. You're not buying the engine. Neither will anyone else for very much, regardless of the price.

-
Back