What would you pay/whats it worth

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
So, we are selling our 70 Duster, wondering what you guys think its worth, or what you would pay for it.

We bought it for $7100, which may have been a bit high. My wife wants $9000, which I don't think anyone would ever pay for it, on its best day in its life here are the details

Slant 6/904/7 1/4

Base Duster rubber floor mat car

Engine and trans got rebuilt in 1997, 272,000 miles, its gone 1000 miles since 1997

rear end got rebuilt in 2011.

front end was rebuilt,

repainted

owner took care of all the rust and stuff

has Koni gas adjust shocks

electronic ignition now

new windshield

new rear bumper

Duster stripes

Modern rims but has original 5 rims still with newer tires

has stereo in it, but have original working radio.

gauges still work

owner has every single service record of the car since new

pics

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

tag.jpg

let me know if any of you guys want it

I don't see 9k being out of the question however I'd take that valve cover and air cleaner off and repaint them up nice. Other than that I don't see why you can't ask 9k and take 7500-8000 if offered. The car looks really nice and some people like the original motor/trans combo's since a lot of people mod the cars.

Riddler

well as a slant six car its not going to fetch 5 grand. Though if someone was looking for a SB/BB swap into a car this would be a nice platform! i think you would be hard pressed to get 5grand anywhere on the west/ south west but ive noticed east and north east will pay alot for a basic car.

I have one and they wound not insure it for over $5500 total lost ,so that's about all there worth. and mine is a little better mechanical condition and I'm on the east coast.

Values on cars vary depending on where they are. With the front seat covered wrong, the dash cut out for the after market radio and the door panels cut for the speakers I would say $4000 to $5000 here and it wouldn't be a fast sale.

Values on cars vary depending on where they are. With the front seat covered wrong, the dash cut out for the after market radio and the door panels cut for the speakers I would say $4000 to $5000 here and it wouldn't be a fast sale.

exactly

i don't see a problem with the 9k price. She is clean and rut free. I paid just about that in '09. I did not want to deal with rust..

You can always drop your price..but you cannot raise it..I'm with your wife..

With what your done, I think you shall be surprised..

ian.

in New York it would sell for any weres from 8000 to 10.000
were you are I don't know but say in the Midwest 7000
say pa 7500 to 8000
if your in stranded says 5000 you can't allways go buy that
over all I wouldn't take less then 7000 to 7500
good luck

I have one and they wound not insure it for over $5500 total lost ,so that's about all there worth. and mine is a little better mechanical condition and I'm on the east coast.

I take it you don't have classic car insurance. If I had a car that decent I would insure it through Haggerty for at least 8000.00 agreed value.

To bad sport! I do have haggerty ins and they said only 6000 grand for 6 cylinder basic model I sent them pics. everything is bone stock a perfect car with no body problem's. only 73000 miles and garage keep for 40 plus years. paint is original dark brown. I just got the ins on this one in nov. 2013.

I don't like the cut for radio dash or cut for speaker doors.

I'd have to check out the paint real close. Price could be all over the place

Haggerty's price valuation tool doesn't even list a Duster in 70 or a /6 until 74-5. The '74 /6 avg sale value 7,500 this would be actual up to date auction prices.
A 71 318 in cond 3 to 4 range from 6,100 to 8,200.

Good points are the car appears in overall good shape, is desirable body style, and the paint and color looks in good condition. As others have said you can adjust your price down through bargaining but it is harder to go up after the fact.

If you REALLY want to get a good idea what to sell it for, ask your original question on a board where all brands are represented. The best selling price will be somewhere between the prices you get here (positive bias), and the prices you get from the Chevy and ford guys (negative bias).

Even if you decide to ignore the results, you'll know that median pricing for it.

Even among MoPar guys the price opinion is going to vary widely. For example, It looks to me that you have a very nice car there, however, to me, personally, it doesn't interest me, because it doesn't have factory A/C. For me ANY vehicle I buy, must have A/C, and preferably factory a/c. Might sound odd to someone from Washington State, but, I live in the deep south, and I use A/C more than 10 month a year. Hell, sometimes I use A/C and heat in the same day! lol

Besides, you're too far away for me. lol

Best way to find the true market value is stick it on eBay with no reserve. Whatever it sells for is what it's worth.

-
Back