What y'all think? Worth it?

-
Not sure how he does it, i do know he won't sell parts off this car or a 73? duster he's got, he'll only sell em complete. The registration is in the glove box.

Not sure how he does it, i do know he won't sell parts off this car or a 73? duster he's got, he'll only sell em complete. The registration is in the glove box.
Never hurts to ask. There's a guy by me who runs a bus junkyard and another guy a lil further north who has a junkyard of nothing but industrial trucks. both of em sell em complete or parts. have titles in folders all organized. Just ask and see. Sounds like you can buy it and reregister it with some work at worst

View attachment 1714656644
all the doors but I think the passenger from shut like new! I couldn't see under the car too good cause of the weeds but the 1/4s are solid, fenders are solid, driver fender has surface rust, If I remember right the only rust through was 1 or 2 quarter sized holes, the headliner plot at the seems but that's nothin a needle n some thread wouldn't fix enough for a dd

I have seen this car posted before on FABO. Not much there and would take some bank to get it back on the road. The B-body is a much better buy.

Yea I posted it b4 but never had any extra money or parts to get it. I talked to the guy with the B and he said the car is definitely not a daily driver n needs either completely restored or parted. Course that opinion pry varies from person to person too.

I've had the valiant in the back of my head since I first saw it then every time I find a car decent deal the Val always comes back to me.

IIRC there's a couple pretty nice cars in KY, maybe even on this site.

...and they have titles!

I found a heck of a deal in Nevada but its more than I have. I'm prayin he still has it when I get the money.

Ok wow. I was searching cl again and the link that I posted above is now down to $650

Yea you need one. I've been told its pretty easy to get a builders title tho if you keep all the receipts from parts you buy.

Do your title research BEFORE you buy a car without a title.

I am 4 years and $800 into getting a title for one of mine.

Otherwise assume it's a parts car or drag strip only car.

Do your title research BEFORE you buy a car without a title.

I am 4 years and $800 into getting a title for one of mine.

Otherwise assume it's a parts car or drag strip only car.
Yep, He is right. That's what I was trng to get at is: do alot of research into what it takes. I had a car with a selvedge title before and boy was that not fun at all. I wish I had never just skimmed reading up on that

Even if I can't get one I should easy be able to get my money back parting it or using it as a parts car if I get another Duster not?

Even if I can't get one I should easy be able to get my money back parting it or using it as a parts car if I get another Duster not?
with the amount of parts provided, you might be able to make your money back, but it'd take a while to part everything out and I'd keep the BBP stuff for yourself if you did.

Yea. I got one set of bbp spindles but another can always be used :cheers: lol

Looks like it sold. The posting was just deleted in the last 1/2 hr. oh well, I got my eye on a rust free dart that I need to save for anywho.

Both of those are like a lot of cars I've seen, good deals if you have the money. Sadly I don't. If I were to buy either of those cars I'd have to loan some money (which I don't think would be too wise) but if I'd do that'd I'd get a grand more and get the car I really want that I found in Nevada.

You don't have $1500 for a solid, possibly running and driving project car, possibly one not needing any body work, but you would spend $650 or more on a rusted, non running car without a title?

Save your money.

Do LOTS of research and "shopping" to find real world relative values for cars that fit or are close to fitting your "target car" and your budget.

Good luck.

-
Back