What y'all think? Worth it?

-
Lol I get your point! Like I said, I found a car I really wanna get but need to save money for. It's a rust free, straight as an arrow 71 Dart with a running slant that idles rough for $2,900 then it'd be like $700-800 to get it shipped in here but even at that price you can hardly find a rust free original car around here for that. You can find projects for $1,500-2,000 but by the time you got the body work done it'll be that much or more.

I agree, you should save your money and find what you really want (probably with an engine and transmission). You can find cars in all conditions and for all kinds of prices, but if you really don't have money to be buying something right now, you might find you get frustrated even seeing some of them up for sale. Look around and get well educated on what is out there, and what going prices are. Meanwhile, save your money. If you truly want anything decent you need to have some real money saved up. Even if you found something cheaper chances are it will be needing work, and will require more money to do that. Hard to buy much without much money.

You don't have $1500 for a solid, possibly running and driving project car, possibly one not needing any body work, but you would spend $650 or more on a rusted, non running car without a title?

Save your money.

Do LOTS of research and "shopping" to find real world relative values for cars that fit or are close to fitting your "target car" and your budget.

Good luck.
Reread over and over please....... save yourself the greif

Great advice guys! And I totally know what you're sayin MMC!! I've seen soo many cars forsale that woulda been really good deals had I just had the money! It really can get frustrating!! The thing that kills me the most is my wife wants a duster and I want a 70-71 dart so I'll watch for both n be torn which I should persue first. And on top of that I'd LOVE to have a 68 roadrunner, a 68 charger and a 69 coronet or superbee!! (I know I'll pry never have em all and I know the dart and duster will be a lot easier to acquire the A's than the B's) oh well, we can dream! Lol

One final piece of advice regarding buying a car long distance, without being able to personally inspect it-

Assume it is about 65% a nice as the seller claims and the pictures indicate.
Ask for pictures of the specific areas that you know, based on your research, are prone to be problematic and expensive to resolve. The cowl area on A body cars comes to mind, and is difficult to get pics of.

I have bought two cars that way.
One turned out to be really good deal, and one ended up having a rusted frame and will barely, if that repay me in parts.

Thanks. If I get the money around b4 it's sold I'm hopin to find a member close to it who can check it out. Thanks again for all the great advice guys!

-
Back