What year and combo to look for?

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I'm trying to learn what I can by searching here. I want a 5.9 for my Duster install. Is 1995 the preferred year? I keep reading 1995 engine and computer. I am having no luck and I've now been to 8 salvage yards. Ughh. Where do I need to start looking???

Not sure it makes that much difference except........

If you run a stick or a non-computer controlled automatic, you want a stick shift ECM

And don't get one that is locked out with the security stuff.

There are "folks" who can reflash them for a price.

Magnums are getting harder and harder to find as "ready to run" "low mileage" pulls. How long ago did Ma stop makin' em?

Found a 96 Auto 5.9 with 62,000 from a rollover. Landed back on its wheels. Ran and drove home after he rolled it in the snow last year. I've read in a few places that there is a workaround for the auto issue. I plan on going 4 speed.

The easy solution is to get a manual pcm. What you got is much better than a 95 because you can flash the 96 pcm for heads, cam, etc and the 95 is pretty much unflashable. Let me know if you need any help or advise on swap or parts. We have everything you need on our site.
Magnums are getting harder and harder to find as "ready to run" "low mileage" pulls. How long ago did Ma stop makin' em?
67, you need to make a trip over the hill into Oregon because they are everywhere here. I bought a 99 Durango with less than 10 K on a factory rebuild for $1000 the other day and drove it home although the previous owner did hand me the band apply anchor out of the 46RE in case I might need it:rofl:"but it shifts really good. just manually". There is another 130K with new trans for $800 I am planning on grabbing too. My 67 GT vert is getting the new one this week after some EQ's and a cam go missing from inventory.

-
Back