What year and model Chrysler is this?

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
I saw this a parking garage. It looks to have a 5 speed. I thought they only made 2 doors.

IMG_4842.jpeg

IMG_4841.jpeg

It's a Dodge Omni you don't wanna mess with unless you drive somethin with some balls.

I just helped a friend sell one of those last year. He had bought it new and it only had 6000 miles on it. I posted the information on here and a dealer from Michigan contacted me and bought it. Then I have a friend that just had a GLH Turbo that he had hopped up, I had never ridden in anything that fast before. It had a 2.5 with 32 lbs. boost, he kept breaking the end off of the cranks. A person would never believe that a little 2.5 could be that fast.

Wasn't these cars a Volkswagen Rabbit with the Chrysler logo? I'm sure that Chrysler did the high performance add ons.

Wasn't these cars a Volkswagen Rabbit with the Chrysler logo?
Not at all... That's what they were made to compete with. Those cars were scary fast given it was all in a in a very lightweight box, at a time when few real muscle cars were available from a dealer

There is a fast red GLH Turbo on You Tube. It will give anyone that don't know a good picture!

Wasn't these cars a Volkswagen Rabbit with the Chrysler logo? I'm sure that Chrysler did the high performance add ons.
Not just no, but hell no!
These were real Mopars.
That's a 4 door, so it has to be an 86. Those had a 2.2L Turbo engine and those bastards were lil' pocket rockets.
I remember the 1st time I saw one pull up on the track. The announcer was making fun of it. When it ran a high 13 he was singing a different tune.

Also Shelby and Dodge were the first to get 200 HP out of normally aspirated 4 cylinder.
Maybe for a street car production 4 cylinder motor from Dodge. There were already under 2Lt racing engine from Ford Cosworth pushing 200+ from N/A production block based engine in the mid 70’s.

I think the wiki is wrong. GLH is the Omni, GLHS is the Charger. This being on top of regular production Shelby Chargers.

Then in 1981 Dodge created this.
2.2L 4 cylinder With Garret Twin Turbos.
Pumping out 440 HP. The car was able to go about 195 mph.
The Interceptor M4S, they made a few prototypes. Yeah it was ahead of its time and sadly Dodge never really expanded much on it.
Interceptor M4S.jpg

Interceptor M4S2.jpg

Maybe for a street car production 4 cylinder motor from Dodge. There were already under 2Lt racing engine from Ford Cosworth pushing 200+ from N/A production block based engine in the mid 70’s.
Yes for a production motor.

Those cars came right off the pregnant truck straight from Chrysler just like that. They were badass. Still are.

-
Back