What you think

-

RichardJ916

Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys think about taking the following parts and having them Chromed.....Just a thought. It sure would bring out the look of the engine compartment.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJCkFHoWdvdw0BR-U53T+5w~~60_57.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 199
If you think it would look good that's all that matters. Personally, I would put them in the blast cabinet to clean them up and then hit them with some satin black Rustoleum and be done with it. But that's just my opinion and that's what you asked for.

I'm thinking what BrianT said. If it gets damaged you can just touch it up. The chrome may not stay on the spring, it will get marred where the different components rub together, and it won't look all that good if you have to use a little grease for it to opperate properly. And once you start chroming stuff, where do you stop? It's great for drawing attention to stuff, but why to a hood latch. However, if you are going to set yourself up to do your own chrome, it would be a good piece for a first try.

Howell, Michigan? The OP's obviously never been to LA to see how it looks, first hand.

I sand blasted mine and then powder coated them at home with a kit from Eastwood. I used their Almost Chrome color and clear coat topcoat. Now 14 years later, they still look good.

I believe Harbor Freight has powder coat kits for cheap.

-
Back