What'a an AMG?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Was chatting on "Whatsapp" with a young lady who is a graduate of Florida State University who majored in "monetary finance". For some reason, still to be determined, she looked me up on a website Expat.com

When she told me she had purchased an AMG for herself, I had no idea what kind of car it was. I looked it up only to learn for the first time it is produced by Mercedes. Learn something new every day, don't we?

Lady said she spent $200 grand too. Is that even possible?
Wouldn't doubt it especially with their two seater sports car.
My buddy had a Benz SUV AMG and it was 503 hp out of the factory and 450 bucks for an oil change.
10 litres of synthetic plus filter plus labour. And of course you need a special tool to take the filter off so have to take it to the dealer, no choice

I had no idea what kind of car it was. I looked it up only to learn for the first time it is produced by Mercedes.

It's not "produced" by Mercedes. It's the sportive division of Mercedes-Benz. This division upgrades standard Mercedes models into sportive and mighty ones.
AMG engineers also develop the Mercedes Formula one.
AMG F1.jpg

Was chatting on "Whatsapp" with a young lady who is a graduate of Florida State University who majored in "monetary finance". For some reason, still to be determined, she looked me up on a website Expat.com

When she told me she had purchased an AMG for herself, I had no idea what kind of car it was. I looked it up only to learn for the first time it is produced by Mercedes. Learn something new every day, don't we?

"She" sounds like a scammer, watch out. I used to occasionally match with women on dating sites who I'd then start talking to on WhatsApp and they'd be talking about odd stuff like that; expensive stuff they were buying, some high-powered tech- or internet-based job they had, all the places they traveled to around the world. Seemed weird to me then when I'd ask if they'd like to meet up in person for coffee, lunch etc. they'd give me some runaround excuse or ask me to do them a favor first. No thanks!

AMGs used to be really special but they've become a bit watered down, like M-series BMWs but not quite as bad. It was originally its own company that was contracted to do performance models for Mercedes-Benz and then finally M-B bought them outright. Mercedes-AMG - Wikipedia

Thank you very much for the warning. I told the girl exactly what you said and she denied being some kind of cheat. Well, time will tell!

-
Back