What's a 1971 340 Demon CLONE worth?

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
I saw a 1971 340 Demon clone for sale on ebay, it was originally a /6 dart and the guy made a convincing demon out of it. It has been painted and the body is in fair shape, not perfect but not bad. Included in the sale is "all the necessary sheet metal to complete the restoration.". Seller claims it has a lot of new suspension parts and "braking system rebuilt" (but still drums all around). The interior is good, not spectacular. Seller says he has "neglected [the car] lately".

The auction ended with the high bid at $2500 with 11 total bids and reserve not met. I emailed him to see if he still has it and he says his reserve is $6500 so an offer should be that. That sounds way high to me but maybe I don't know. What do you guys think?

Here is a picture:
demon.jpg

as much as a regular demon and however much the 340 cost you.
Not really worth it...

No sport interior, no V8 K or suspension... he should have sold it at 2500.00

Looks like a project car to me. Overpriced. Thats why he still has it.

One thing I've noticed. In spite of the current economy,the deals are few and far between. People still want an arm and a leg for thier stuff. I had better luck finding deals when the economy was rolling right along!

Not worth it in my book. I would look for real Demon that needs work for less $$$ and put money into that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

John

Black book value on a Demon 340, in a little better than daily driver status is $11.5k. And that's original.

That's not better than driver, hell, that's barely "driver" status. Plus, it's a clone. So, drop the 11.5 to half for condition, then half that for clone and what it's missing..

2800 would be a good price. Or 2500, like Redfish said. Man should have taken that bid.

Looks like a project car to me. Overpriced. Thats why he still has it.

One thing I've noticed. In spite of the current economy,the deals are few and far between. People still want an arm and a leg for thier stuff. I had better luck finding deals when the economy was rolling right along!

AMEN to that.

The car above doesnt seem to be worth it, at least it wouldnt be to me.

I looked at a "340 car" the other day.......no original drivetrain or interior.....needed body work and new paint....had been wrecked........seller was asking $5k, which I thought was way too much for what it was once I saw it in person (several other folks here felt the same way just looking at the pictures I posted).

But apparantly someone made an offer to them......

Even when something is overvalued/overpriced, SOMEONE will buy it if you wait long enough I guess.

Thanks for the advice guys. I told the guy I thought he was asking too much and would still like to see the car but probably wouldn't spend more than $3500 on it. He didn't email me back but I found a better car anyway: a 1967 Coronet 440 2 door which appears to be in very good shape and will come with no engine in it (which is what I want). This one is $3250 negotiable.

-
Back