-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike18227

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I Have A 1966 Barracuda V8 Car Was My Uncles Project But He Gave Up Now I Have It I Know Theres No Major Rot It Has All The Glass Was Gonna Be A Drag Car I Will Try To Get Some Pics When I Can Get It Out Of His Garage I Think All Of The Interior Needs Recovering Just Trying To Figure What Its Worth Thanks Mike

Yeah chryslerfat is right... emphasize the "A LOT". 66 parts are hard to come by in good shape, even if you're buying NOS. I've seen fully restored cars go for as little as 10-15k (despite the appraisal value), and unrestored for as little as 2, which is about the number you'd look at for a new set of seats (and thats without the seat brackets for the front buckets OR the springs/burlap base layer for the back). what motor/tranny combo is in it and is it a formula s? i suggest decoding the build sheet/fender tag to get a better idea of what you have before you price it off.

Regardless though, with the car being unrestored, don't expect much more the 6-10k, and thats ONLY for a real clean survivor. Check the K-frame, the bottom quarters, floor-pans, and trunk pan for rust to start, and if there's a little more then surface rust it should be replaced, so knock a couple thou off the purchase price. Posting a pic would help too. If it was an AZ, TX, or CA car you're a little better off, but otherwise be careful. Hope this all helps, but yeah get some pics up and then go from there.

For a project car that is apart you will be lucky to find someone to pay $1200 for it unless the body is very solid. You never know what is missing and you assume everything needs to be gone thru. I've bought running early 2 door a-body cars for $400-$800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back