What's a 68 Baracuda Formula S

-

Avispa

Reaction score
I found one locally, I'm not up on the Formula S cars, how do I know it's Formula S car and how great is it that it's a Formula S?
Going to look at it this evening, the pics show a column shift small block with air, buckets no console, ralley dash, no PS.
Anything I can use to ID it would help.
Thanks

68 cuda.jpg

68 cuda1.jpg

68 cuda3.jpg

I found one locally, I'm not up on the Formula S cars, how do I know it's Formula S car and how great is it that it's a Formula S?
Going to look at it this evening, the pics show a column shift small block with air, buckets no console, ralley dash, no PS.
Anything I can use to ID it would help.
Thanks

I think the fender tag should have a 7 under the F.

5th digit on VIN should be a "P" for a 340 car or an "H" for a 383 car. Either way means it is a real Formula-S car in '68. The "F" under the 7 on the fender tag is also true. The '68 Formula-S package consisted of the high output 340 or 383 engine, heavy duty shocks, heavy duty leaf springs, larger torsion bars, wider steel wheels(14x5.5), front sway bar, dual exhaust with (2) cutouts for the chrome tips in the valance panel, special hood ornaments with engine callout, and "s" emblems on the fenders. Hope this helps & good luck. (You asked how great it was if its a Formula-S? Think of the greatest thing that you can & multiply it by alot. It still wont be as Great as a Formula-S Barracuda).....

keep it quiet till we find out where it is. lol If its a good price its a great find. hurry up and get over there.

Well, I'm back, if it's formula S car, I'm an astronuat!
7 1/4 rear, no cut outs, no sway bars, couldn't verify if it was a 318 or 340, aftermarket intake, no hipo exhausts, no callouts, single exhaust.
Car needed lots of work, more than i would put in it for what it is.
Well Ya have to check them out, who knows what it might turn out to be.
And thanks for the replys.

Well, I'm back, if it's formula S car, I'm an astronuat!
7 1/4 rear, no cut outs, no sway bars, couldn't verify if it was a 318 or 340, aftermarket intake, no hipo exhausts, no callouts, single exhaust.
Car needed lots of work, more than i would put in it for what it is.
Well Ya have to check them out, who knows what it might turn out to be.
And thanks for the replys.

I know of one 67 Formula S fastback that had a 318 and 7 1/4 rear end ........... LOL.......... and a coupe with a 273 HiPo and 8 3/4 ............ LOL.......... My sisters Formula S made a nice donor car for my 1st 67 Barracuda

Her's was auto on column, buckets no console

My understanding buckets were standard, console was optional as well as bench seat

`67Cuda.jpg

Damn that was a LONG TOME AGO, picture is from 1975

`67Cuda.jpg

well it looked like it was painted with a roller, and they didn't exactly take their time with the bodywork, hey I'm the world champ at finding something good in every car, but for what they wanted, I'll have to pass.

-
Back