Whats a turbo caravan worth?

-

Slappy

Reaction score
I have a chance to get a turbo 2.5 l caravan. Body is in very good shape but the head gasket is gone. It will likely need a head. I wasnt sure if there was much interest for one of these. If there is I will pick it up. Anyone interested????

They are highly prized by the FWD turbo Mopar crowd (who like to hang out over at www.turbododge.com ). Cylinder heads are cheap and easy to get for those. The 2.2/2.5 head gasket is practically a scheduled-maintenance item; use the Cometic gasket to fix it once and frall.

needing work 300. 200. but if it a 5sp. a little more. there fun to drive and haul stuff with with the price of gas it might be nice to have . pulling the head and doing a gasket is simple job. the 2.5 will have a little lower end noise . i,ve always installed rod bearing in my tms befroe i run them real hard. tonys gota real high mileage one ask him.

I used to have one with a 2.2 and it ran very well. Pretty impressive for a turbo'd 4 banger.

I think those things are just old enough to be interesting again, even stock. They aren't a barn burner the way they popped out of the factory but they were fun. I drove a non turbo 5 speed 2.2 84 Plymouth Voyager for awhile and it was a fun, useful van.
I'd say the one you are looking at is a must get for free, although I don't think it's worth more than $1500 in any condition.

with the price of gas it might be nice to have

Not so much. Either you get lousy mileage because you're keeping your foot out of the boost so you've got a low-compression motor, or you get lousy mileage 'cause you're keeping your foot in the boost.

mine was abbale to get 24 around town. little better on the highway bets 10 to14 on my frod truck right now.check craiglist they show up once and awhaile .

To me, it ain't worth a plug nickel.

Ok the guy wants 150.00 for this van. any takers? I will try to get some pix tomorrow.

if you buy it for 150.00, call a local scrap yard, i am sure they are paying about 11.00 per hundred. you will get about 363 for it, and cut the catalyitic converter off, that is another 75 bucks at certain junk yards. so you will make 250 off of it to scrap it.

shoot slappy, i'll take it, and drag it where it belongs.lol

You wearin that pork pie behind the wheel of a minivan. I just don't see it.

i had mine for years it did it job and was fun too drive.+ it had a extrunal blow off valve so it made the noise in between shifts,it got some looks.

well pm me if you want it. Its at the shop I work at. Pm me. Joe I dont have time to scrap.

-
Back