What's better as for speed and power?

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Quick unexperience question...

What would bring better speeds and power...an overhauled slant that is made to work with a 4 barrel carb or a turbo setup on a slant with good head and block work and requierd stuff...

Trying to decide which route to go, (Before buying anything) Im so indecisive grrrrrr :pain10:

i would go with turbo, you cant make the slant any bigger (displacement) so you have to go to a power adder, how about nitrious? dont forget that, there are people around here such as Charlie_S who is all about the slants and nitrous, he also turboed one. Any huge racers go this route. And the though of a turbo slant is just awesome :thumbup: :toothy7:

1966 dart wagon said:
i would go with turbo, you cant make the slant any bigger (displacement) so you have to go to a power adder, how about nitrious? dont forget that, there are people around here such as Charlie_S who is all about the slants and nitrous, he also turboed one. Any huge racers go this route. And the though of a turbo slant is just awesome :thumbup: :toothy7:

Exactly, Im already asking for advice from our good pal Charlie, I just wasnt too sure what "I" could do, im thinking turbo now that I have a few helpers where i live...thanks for the advice! was well taken! :thumbup:

swingtown said:
i say junk it and get a V8...just my 2cents.

WHAT! haha thats impossible...thats throwing away history, all that creativity and unikeness in a slant is not worth junking! lol I'll trade it for a v8 but then i would have to gather parts i dont have and would be more complicated for me...haha

well i guess you can add a 400 shot of nitrous, just remember to yell "go baby go" b4 you hit that button the first time!! thats what i call "history"... he he he ..!! ;}

-
Back