What's Carlisle Like?

-

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about taking the 5 or 6 hour drive from CT to Carlisle.....I've never been but I heard Its prettyu awesome. I also heard theres way to much to cover in a day. For those who have been there whats it like? Anyone else here from CT making the voyage?

I go every year....But I am only 1 hour away....Friday and Saturday are great....lots of activity.....Sunday is dead after 12:00 as people from far distances have left for home already

Huge swap meet & Mopars as far as the eyes can see. Displays in the buildings as well.

The Mopar Rebellion is having the Kick Off To Carlisle meet at the Expo Center, about 1/2 mile from Gate 3 of the Fairgrounds on K-street, parking for 300-400 cars, food, ice cream & t-shirts will be available.

Reunion years for the 1970 Chargers, to their Registry is having a meet at the show.

AAR & T/A reunion also, with seminars at the tent on Friday & Saturday.

The Forward Look gang will be present in force as well.

Plenty of food available onsite as well.

Good walking shoes are a must.

We were just discussing this on the stop in for coffee thread. Stop over.

You can also test drive Chrysler's new cars and watch rock crawling and autocross and check out the cars for sale at the car corral.

I haven't been in years but my dad and I use to go every year when I was a kid and he was building his 69 Charger. I'm going this year as I'm on the hunt for parts for my Dart. It is massive and if you want to see everything bring your walking shoes.

I'm seriously thinking about taking the 5 or 6 hour drive from CT to Carlisle.....I've never been but I heard Its prettyu awesome. I also heard theres way to much to cover in a day. For those who have been there whats it like? Anyone else here from CT making the voyage?

I'm considering the trip. Where in CT are you located?

It is truly MOPAR heaven !!. A Must do !! I will be on Swap Spots P205-P206. Stop on by !!

I had the same swap spaces there for about 20 years and had been to all of them up till a few years ago. I used to do 10 or 12 Mopar shows a year as a vendor and I will say that if you like swap meets then Carlile is the ultimate must see destination. There is probably 2 to 3 times as many swap spaces as they have at the Mopar Nats. Not to mention that the whole town is geared towards car shows and enthusiast. My main purpose to be there was the swap meet but they also have an incredible car show and other activities. If your all about drag racing this might not be the show for you because they have racing but its off site. It is a 660 mile trip from my house in Kentucky but I will gladly drive it just to be there. I will be going this year (for the first time) as a non vendor just to enjoy myself. If you are looking for deals you need to show up on Thursday when everyone is setting up because that's when all of the dealers are shopping, its kind of like swimming in a shark tank with a hamburger suit on.

It is a 4 hr drive for me And I love the place.. like he said a Mopar Heaven... If you never did it, it's a must! There are so many distractions, so take a shopping list with you of the things you want. Have fun... Bring comfortable footwear, sunglasses, a hat..
Maybe sunscreen..LOL.. First couple of times I brought a wagon to fill with stuff..

Are we FABO gonna have a booth?

I'll be the one with the Rangers Hat...No assassination attempts please...

If you are planning on going for a few days I would suggest you book a hotel room now. There are bunch in the immediate area but they fill up very fast! You may be forced to stay 10-20 miles away if you wait until the last minute.

I am in Vernon CT. and it is a 5 hour drive. I will be there.

Don't know as I have never been. From what I hear, it is what the Mopar Nats use to be back in the day. I'm going this year to check it out. Hope I won't be disappointed like I have become with the Nats.

I wanted to shorten my family vacation to Disney just so I could go again this year - it is that good - but I lost that argument before it even started...... If you are going to go for 2 0r 3 days of it, put your car on the fun field - it'll be cheaper than parking for parking and entry twice..... A cooler full of water bottles will be needed!

Don't know as I have never been. From what I hear, it is what the Mopar Nats use to be back in the day. I'm going this year to check it out. Hope I won't be disappointed like I have become with the Nats.

You will definitely NOT be disappointed !!

I wanted to shorten my family vacation to Disney just so I could go again this year - it is that good - but I lost that argument before it even started...... If you are going to go for 2 0r 3 days of it, put your car on the fun field - it'll be cheaper than parking for parking and entry twice..... A cooler full of water bottles will be needed!

Hmm good idea if you are planning on going to all 4 days. You could will register for $55 which basically makes parking $5..WIN

Hmm good idea if you are planning on going to all 4 days. You could will register for $55 which basically makes parking $5..WIN

Unless they changed it this year, you and 1 passenger get in with the registered car, so saves even more $ for your buddy to buy YOUR lunch for letting him ride up with you...lol

Seriously tho, people want you to pay 15-20 bucks to park in their yard near by. Pay that 2x and pay for your walk-in gate entry 2x and you are at the same cost. The your buddy pays 2x to walk in..... The other benefit is you won't have to walk as far to get back to your car to stash the parts you don't want to carry around for 6 more hours.

I'm in Colchester, CT and I go every year. You will not be dissapointed. I'm leaving the 'Cuda home this year and driving the new Ram but entered it on the fun field to save on the parking.

it all depends what you want from the show..

tons of parts. mostly over priced.

a lot of cars in the car corral. mostly over priced.

tons of some of the nicest cars around. me personally i stay away from the stock classes. they kinda bore me.

very well organized.

pack your own food and drinks. gets expensive eating there. bring lots of water. you will need it.. its usually hot as hell..

get there by thursday if possible.. the event is best thursday, friday and saturday. its a ghost town on sunday.

no night life. friday night they used to go to south mountian drag strip. not sure if they still do. other then that at about 5pm everyone leaves the fair grounds and ya don't go back out like ya do at the nats.. some get together in their hotel parking lots but thats about it..

its usually a good time though. something you should experience at least once.

like stated already. book a room now.. check here.. not far away from the fairgrounds and a decent place...http://www.parkinn.com/hotel-harrisburgwestpa

Its hot, wear good shoes, eat a large breakfast before going in.
Food is high, I seem to always find common parts reasonable priced.

Me and my cousin was there a couple of years ago, we took a van with no back seats in it.
He ordered a bunch of amd sheet metal for his 69 charger, picked it up no shipping.
We must have made at least 6 trips back to the van, damn I was ready to kick his ***.

I got him back at the end of the day, found a cherry tailgate for a 78 power wagon for $90 clear at the bottom of the swap meet, we must have had to set that heavy sob down 10 times before reaching the van.

-
Back