What's going on in Japan

-
Here's what puzzles me. One news report said something like 108 nuclear reactors in the U.S. , And a country smaller than California has 54 of them ? Do they need that much electricity ? It doesn't matter though. If they only had 4 it might still be the same 4 in the same place.
What really bothers me is the politicians who jump in front of the news cameras with "We need to spend lots of money improving our nuclear sites".
They really need a reality check. Natural events like earthquakes will happen whether we humans are here or not.
Stronger levys stand in waiting for stronger storms. Plain and simple truth. No matter if we spend a dime or a dollar protecting ourselves and facilitates from nature or idiots like Bin Laden, we remain at risk.
The one thing we have that Gods other creatures dont have is prayer.
There are talking heads on the tv that will ask us to pray for the people of Japan and also pray that something similar doesn't happen here. You will need to change the channel to find them .

May God bless the Japanese people. Their resiliency is amazing, we can lean a lot from them.

You notice no one is whining "where's my water", "where is our food", "why isn't anyone helping us". There's no looting or killings. Thinking back on Katrina it makes me embarrassed and makes me wonder what the Japanese people thought of the jack wagons in New Orleans whining like little babies instead of getting of their asses and helping each other and themselves.

May God bless the Japanese people. Their resiliency is amazing, we can lean a lot from them.

You notice no one is whining "where's my water", "where is our food", "why isn't anyone helping us". There's no looting or killings. Thinking back on Katrina it makes me embarrassed and makes me wonder what the Japanese people thought of the jack wagons in New Orleans whining like little babies instead of getting of their asses and helping each other and themselves.
I am definately NOT happy that this happened,that being said,I certainly don't want this to happen here.I'm not Japanese but I am certainly proud of the way these people have reacted to this tragedy.

Since someone mentioned Chernobyl. There was a video on the net a while back of somebody with a video camera taking a motorcycle trip through the area. Very surreal. A fully functioning city just abandoned with most everything in place. If you can find it, it's definitely worth the watch.

Here's what puzzles me. One news report said something like 108 nuclear reactors in the U.S. , And a country smaller than California has 54 of them ? Do they need that much electricity ? It doesn't matter though. If they only had 4 it might still be the same 4 in the same place.
What really bothers me is the politicians who jump in front of the news cameras with "We need to spend lots of money improving our nuclear sites".
They really need a reality check. Natural events like earthquakes will happen whether we humans are here or not.
Stronger levys stand in waiting for stronger storms. Plain and simple truth. No matter if we spend a dime or a dollar protecting ourselves and facilitates from nature or idiots like Bin Laden, we remain at risk.
The one thing we have that Gods other creatures dont have is prayer.
There are talking heads on the tv that will ask us to pray for the people of Japan and also pray that something similar doesn't happen here. You will need to change the channel to find them .

The population of the US is over 307,000,000. The population of Japan is around 130,000,000. 54 nuke plants doesn't seem outta proportion. Tokyo's population alone is over 12 million. That's TEN Atlantas. Its the biggest city in the world. You ever been through Atlanta? Imagine a city TEN TIMES that size. That's a heap of juice.

Japan has no oil, coal, ect.

I'm sure some folks over there are crying for help, we just don't see it. Many more are dead, over 10,000 people. The US media reports the news a bit more honesty. Plus we can understand English, not Japanese.

The plant could blow up, very unlikely but still a maybe.

The people in Japan should be very upset for what happen, I seen they had a poor view of their leaders even before this.

I much as I hate China, I think they would had been more prepared. The flood wall was not built high enough and the backup units were not raised enough off the ground. Everything was fine after the quake, it was the water that knock everything out.

Here it is 10 years out from 9/11 and the world still suffers over things that should never had happen--could had easy been stop. Higher flood walls--locks on all cockpit doors, etc

WTF....those people are likely very scared and upset what has happen. They should get off their asses and hang the people who messed up. Come next election in Japan there be some major changes

There is no GOD so that has nothing to do with it. Hunky

A few points to consider:

* No matter what man builds, "Mother Nature" can "unbuild".

* It's stupid to condemn the current generation and a whole country for what a group of fanatics did in WW2. They don't "deserve" this for any reason.

* I recently heard on the news something that I'm sure is accurate......Japan is usually one of the first countries to offer help after disasters elsewhere in the world.

Locomotion you are a true gentleman I applaud you word's of wisdom,This will affect all of us in some way,I already feel sorry for those people and you are so right about it not having anything to do with anything in the past,,A Grudge is a heavy thing to carry and should be sat down as soon as possible,this world works on forgiveness not on hatred,I feel for anyone stupid enough to carry a grudge. what is going on is going to change a lot in how nuclear power is handled and prepared for in the future

I don't wanna get involved with religious concepts here but take every nut and bolt out of your mopar and stick em in a big ol bucket and keep shakin them parts around till it's a mopar again.......evoution or creation I ask ya? we know we can put the car back together but try that with amino acids......people say prove to me there is a god I say prove to me there is not a god....nuthin personal....He'll prove himself to you one day mark my word's this isn't the school system that banned prayer in schools and now look at the mess the world is in,doesn't matter if there really is a God,what matters is there is God fearing Christians doing the Right thing when nobody is watching that sir is called charector and I hold no personal gripes for you having your opinion but as I said Mark My word's there will come a day for you to see you might be wrong.i gotta say I pray God show's favor on you when you need it most and hope you acknowledge him when he does and he will!!! I have faith in that :cheers:
There is no GOD so that has nothing to do with it. Hunky

I don't wanna get involved with religious concepts here but take every nut and bolt out of your mopar and stick em in a big ol bucket and keep shakin them parts around till it's a mopar again.......evoution or creation I ask ya? we know we can put the car back together but try that with amino acids......people say prove to me there is a god I say prove to me there is not a god....nuthin personal....He'll prove himself to you one day mark my word's this isn't the school system that banned prayer in schools and now look at the mess the world is in,doesn't matter if there really is a God,what matters is there is God fearing Christians doing the Right thing when nobody is watching that sir is called charector and I hold no personal gripes for you having your opinion but as I said Mark My word's there will come a day for you to see you might be wrong.i gotta say I pray God show's favor on you when you need it most and hope you acknowledge him when he does and he will!!! I have faith in that :cheers:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmskXXetcg"]YouTube - Richard Dawkins - "What if you're wrong?"[/ame]

It truly is sad all thats happened there, but on a side note, i bet american car sales improve! (or atleast there will be glow in the dark prius's)

I don't think they deserved it at all. I don't think it's "God's punishment" for anything. That said, I ain't forgettin Pearl Harbor, either. You hear what I'm sayin?

Well…not really, no. What has Pearl Harbor to do with any of this what's presently going on?

Well…not really, no. What has Pearl Harbor to do with any of this what's presently going on?

Nothing. All I am saying is not to forget it. It just seems people forget too much. I mean.....we're all now wantin to be cozy with some of the countries that helped carry out 911. I'm not sayin not to help Japan.....but I'll be a sumbitch man, we ain't the only ones in the world with the capabilities. What about some of these RICH *** arab nations? Where's their helpin hand? It ain't like WE couldn't use the help helpin Japan.

I saw somethin' weird on youtube, a comment somebody left on a video of the tsunami.

Twin towers .. 9/11/01
Japan earthquake/tsunami .. 3/10/11
Add the two together =

Mayan callendar saying its the end of the world.. 12/21/12

Not that I'm all caught up in that, I just thought it was a bit weird.

The usual band of aѕѕholes as well as a bunch of dumb celebretards and ordinary average just-plain folks. See here and here. And this little puke recorded the following repulsive video:

YouTube - repost: tamtampamela - GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

and then tee-hee-hee, she was just kidding (no apology, no remorse, no apparent realization that what she did was in a dozen different kinds of HORRIBLY bad taste):

YouTube - repost: tamtampamela - coming clean

She shouldn't be allowed near a computer for five years, and she ought to have her aѕѕ spanked until it glows in the dark.
what a douche....

The usual band of aѕѕholes as well as a bunch of dumb celebretards and ordinary average just-plain folks. See here and here. And this little puke recorded the following repulsive video:

YouTube - repost: tamtampamela - GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

and then tee-hee-hee, she was just kidding (no apology, no remorse, no apparent realization that what she did was in a dozen different kinds of HORRIBLY bad taste):

YouTube - repost: tamtampamela - coming clean

She shouldn't be allowed near a computer for five years, and she ought to have her aѕѕ spanked until it glows in the dark.

But, she's not the only one...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj5dbEUnEBg"]YouTube - Gottfried Fired For Japan Jokes - Too Soon? (Aflac Duck)[/ame]

I saw somethin' weird on youtube, a comment somebody left on a video of the tsunami.

Twin towers .. 9/11/01
Add the two together =

Wow that was weird.. spooky in fact.. Im not buying all that end of the world crap.. thats all I keep hearing is this is the sign its really gonna happen.. ok whatever... All I know is my brother lives in Japan, and has for the past 7 years or so.. He loves it there.. However as the oldest brother it has me worried to death.. He lives near Tokyo, so he isnt in the worst area, however that 9.0 quake did a number on his apartment and trashed a good bit of his stuff.. and he posts regularly on his facebook about the aftershocks that keep continuing... which brings me to an interesting side note.... Japan keeps calling them 'aftershocks'... some magnitude 6 or even a little better.. might just be me, but those sound like outright quakes to me LMAO .. not aftershocks.. at any rate my brother is fine but I worry.. I feel terrible for the lives lost in this disaster.. When Mother Nature flexes her muscles, she definitely lets us all know whos boss...

Twin towers .. 9/11/01
Add the two together =

Dammit. I better get to work on my Dart.

Guess I'll have to stock up on gas, beer, slim jims, ammo, tires, firewood, maybe a zodiac and a life vest...and oh yeah, fresh ****...

-
Back