What's going on????

-

bignick

Reaction score
I 've been building, collecting and racing Mopar since 1993. I am like most of you are a diehard mopar fan. But just recently I've been turned off by the lack of parts for mopars. I'm putting together another stroker small block. So I go to buy some aftermarket main caps..... Pro-gram obsoleted them. No one is making an off the shelf 2 bolt steel cap anymore so I went custom. So I wanted a good quality 4340 crank, so I call Callies and the dragon slayer is now obsolete. Well then I try K1 and there on back order. So then I say I'll just order a lightweight scat...... backorder again. So my choices are standard weight eagle, scat or a BPE. All of which are heavy. Then I get a call from a buddy that needs a single plane low deck manifold with a 4500 flange. I've contacted every mopar shop I know. No one has one and they are obsolete. And don't get me started on small block heads or the lack of something new or on par with chevy or ford choices. Its frustrating to know I'm into something that I've loved for many years but is dieing. What are your thoughts?

Stay away from the Eagle. They break. Other than that, if you want good parts availability, buy a Ford or Chevy.

Sad truth.

I know what you mean. Bet you can find anything you want for a late model Hemi though.Not sayin' that I want one.I'll stick with the slant six dinosaur.

With the diminishing number of old mopars on the road, there is not a high demand for parts, so the parts vendors start dropping them because there is not enough volume for them to make $$$$....

It's only going to get worse....

It's better now than it's ever been, and back order means people are buying them, which means it's likely to get better from here.

Back-order can also mean they are not restocking the part until they have a substantial quantity on order or they won't design and produce it till enough people want it.

Can anyone say Laysons?

Back-order can also mean they are not restocking the part until they have a substantial quantity on order or they won't design and produce it till enough people want it

Yep, I agree....

They're waiting to get enough orders so they can make a batch run...

It takes time to set up the machines. You need to make it worth your while and run a few parts...

Yep, I agree....

They're waiting to get enough orders so they can make a batch run...

It takes time to set up the machines. You need to make it worth your while and run a few parts...

try to find a pair of 67-8 barracuda fenders !!

Its a wonder why we have to horde parts. I've been saving manifolds, blocks and cranks for years. Glad I did because its so hard to find. Where I live there are no barn finds nor any old motors sitting around after Hurricane Katrina. Where once a 318 was an easy thing to find. Its like finding a needle in a hay stack. My town used to have 3 junk yards now we have 0. I'm gonna go big block for my next build. Seems theres alot out there. Like if I want an aftermarket block I can buy one and dont have to worry about an R3 block that discontinued.

I tried them also. Back ordered, Im not making this up its like the twilght zone.

-
Back