What's Involved in Removing the MDS?

-

Tincup

Reaction score
As most of you guy's know, my motor has the MDS which I just found out I will not be able to use. So, my question is, do I have to remove anything? I was thinking about pulling the intake just to remove the harness, and possibly the solenoids, but I definately do not want to change any lifters if I don't have to.

Tin,

My understanding is you can just remove the harness and leave the sensors in place. I asked the same in a thread here a while ago...

From what I understood, if you pull the sensors and replace them with the "MDS Plugs" like in truck motors It changes the oil pressure to the lifters, and they will not pump up. This wont allow them to fully open your valves. SO... if you wanna put the plugs in you gotta pulls the heads and replace the lifters with 6.1 or 5.7-non MDS lifters as well.

My harness is off, the rest I just left.

JOE

I heard the same from Stu at Inertia. I had an MDS motor and I pulled out the solenoids when I had the block cleaned and machined and ended up breaking three of the four. They just don't come out very easy it seems. I called Stu about a set of plugs and he told me the lifters would have to change too with no solenoids. Haven't heard of any issues with just leaving the whole setup in there with no harness, definitely the easier way to go if the engine is all together.

Thanks guy's thats what I needed to know....

-
Back