What's it take?

-

70dusterpink

Reaction score
What's it take to run mid 13... In a 340 1970 duster? Just curious... I known have a 69 340 with torker intake n purple cam... Headers... That's about all lol... Using a 904 with a 2200 stall convertor... N have a 3.40 gear it seems when I spin tire and watch driveshaft...

Sounds like it is allready all there. The stock cam will get you into the 13's easy with that set up. I hope your rear tire is tall otherwise you'll run out of RPM before you cross the finish line.

A good dual plane intake would likely help the combo more than a single plane. An original Torker intake isn't as good as the newer Torker II. Your gear would probably be a 3.23 or 3.55 if it's a Mopar rear end. A 904 and converter will run about .15 faster in the quarter than a similarly set up 727 due to less rotating weight, so that was a good move. It's just not as strong/reliable, unless built/maintained well. Overall, carb and suspension tuning would help the most. More info, like cam specs and current suspension mods, if any, would help others identify problems and offer suggestions.

Hopefully it's not a lock-up 904. Limited performance/converter parts.

Nope not a lock up... N ya I'm trying to keep it as low cost as possible... So I'm gonna keep the torker... Untill I get more money to switch... But it's a 8 1/4 rear.. So that's weird... Lol I know he put it in there.. No idea why...

-
Back