What's it worth? '68 Barracuda drag car

-

hpv8man

Reaction score
I am new to Mopar's but find myself with a problem. I have a '68 Barracuda drag car that I need to sell for my mother in law. My father in law recently passed and in his collection he had a this '68 Barracuda drag car that he use to race until poor health prohibit him from racing.Now he has passed and I have been selling off his collection of parts and this car.It is strictly a drag car and not street legal. The car is equipped with the following:440-6 pack (Edelbrock intake)Indy aluminum heads w/roller rockers Sorry no details on cam727 tranny w/reverse valve bodyDana 60 4:88 gears w/strangle axles. Full fiberglass front clip, doors, and trunk lid Lexan windows all around. A 30 Ft. enclosed trailer is also included. The problem is, I am not a Mopar guy (please don't throw rocks!) and have not a clue to the value of the car and hoping for some ideas here. I could not get the picture to upload, not sure what I am doing. I will try again in near future. (The site most likely knows I am not a mopar guy)

For pictures try a site like Photbucket and after uploading include a link.

Fastback or notchback?
backhalfed or springs moved in?
Pics would help a lot
I have been trying to sell off some of my cars and stuff to purchase a fastback roller drag car, so I am interested as I would put it back into service at the strip.
Doug

I think it is going to work this time.

Attachments

• barracuda.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 318
Maybe I could make payments? great looking car

What is the VIN? if it is one of the original Hemi drag cars produced in '68, it would have a significant impact on value.

Hard to say some may just want the car others may want just the trailer, some would like both. I would say the car around 16k maybe more if it's all up to date and perfect condition. Trailer could be 5k to 15 depending on condition, tires, gooseneck etc..

What is the VIN? if it is one of the original Hemi drag cars produced in '68, it would have a significant impact on value.

Its not a factory race car unless someone went through the trouble of re-doing the wheel wells back to stock.

Fastback or notchback?
backhalfed or springs moved in?
Pics would help a lot
I have been trying to sell off some of my cars and stuff to purchase a fastback roller drag car, so I am interested as I would put it back into service at the strip.
Doug

Car has been back halved and runs springs that have been relocated.It is a fastback as well.I will try to get some more pictures soon.

Hard to say some may just want the car others may want just the trailer, some would like both. I would say the car around 16k maybe more if it's all up to date and perfect condition. Trailer could be 5k to 15 depending on condition, tires, gooseneck etc..

Great, sounds right around where I was thinking. Not being a Mopar guy doesn't help, but I am starting to convert.

-
Back