Whats it worth - 70 340 car ?

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
Found a 70 Swinger factory 340 4-speed car, rallye dash, original engine - trans was swapped to auto, he has a correct dated 4-spd to go with it, trans hump is still there, all linkage is still in car. Car runs, needs some paint/body (not much) originally go mango. Also is factory velour bench seat car (need recovered). Needs rallyes, has scoops. Anyway - he'll take 5500.00, no less - whaddya think ? He's a friend so it won't go anywhere 'till I decide. I would likely restore to original and can do 90% of the labor myself. I figure I'd dump at least 10-12 in it over the restoration.

wow. i'd love to find something like that. a little while ago for sale up here there was a 70 dart 340 4 speed shell no engine tranny interior not even a roller and the guy wanted $7000

I have a 70 sublime 340 3 speed car. It's rough around the edges to say the least. I've seen worse cars than mine but exactly the same sell for almost $5k. Just a reference for comparison.

with 4spd tranny even! sounds like a good deal to me. Pics please. darn I was hoping to how found the long lost R/T

I looked at a lot of cars before I bought my Cuda almost 2 months ago and from what described it sounds like a better than average deal (maybe even a great deal but w/o seeing pics its hard to say). Especially seeing as the 4 speed comes with it. Get some pics up after you get it home!

Alright - here's a few shots of the car. Does have front discs and sway bar, really is in pretty good shape (I've restored two others, so I'm comfortable with what needs to be done. very little rust issues. Let me know what ya'll think. Four speed hardware is all there. I'll take some help on the fender tag as well. Thanks. He's an A-body guy, too, we 're both doing 340 clones right now but he feels he's "burnt out" and wants to restore something different.

mo 047 (Small).jpg

mo 048 (Small).jpg

Ummmmm ... I'd buy it before he changes his mind. I'm sure someone here will help with decoding by tomorrow ...

Its the trim code I'm researching - I know it's deluxe, but was it velour ? I found some good resources on decoding for myself.

I don't think there was a cloth seat in a 70 model...

Pm sent with it decoded based on what I could read. I couldnt get it all on my monitor clearly. Yes it shows as velour interior. Did you run and buy it yet? lol

I went to a site www.mymopar.com and used there fender tag decode tool.
n85 tachometer, n95 evap. emissions control, v21 hood performance treatment, G33 lh outside remote mirror chrome , J45 hood pins, n41 dual exhaust, m43 grille trim mouldings, V8X tranverse tape sport stripes black, Y05 built for USA order , EK2 GO-MANGO, D2X9 trim grade-deluxe - trim style-vinyl bench - trim color-black, TX9 upper door trim black, B06 build date 11-6-69, E55 340 4 barrel, D21 4 speed manual. I hope that this helps you. I am not saying that this is correct , but its what i could decode using these tools. Go to the site and click on tools and reference then go to fender tag decode. Hope i could read this right some are hard to make out. Looks to also be built in windsor,ONT Canada
Matt

I know without getting the build ticket you never know for sure because a lot of the decoding sites spit out different info. I got --TX9Black / Black VelvetB06

If it had a velour seat, which I've NEVER seen in a 70 Dart of any sort, that one isn't original. Neat car though. I'd buy it.

My brother was a car salesman in 1970 at a large Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge dealership, and we still have the factory order reference manuals.

There was no such velour seat option available from the factory in the Dodge Dart, Swinger - 340 - or otherwise - in 1970. Deluxe vinyl bench or buckets, those were the available factory seat options for the 1970 340 Swinger.

Book it.

Looks like a solid car to me. I would buy it, if you want it.
I think the code that mattsmopars decoded, Y05, ment it was a special order car. A customer went into the Dodge dealer & told them what he/she wanted & Chrysler built it. (special order). Looks good to me!!

-
Back