-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadahemi

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Heres the deal, I got this car about a year and a half ago, and life got real busy since then... not sure if I 'm ready to sell it, but thought I would see what you guys think its worth right now. Its a 72 Demon 340 real H code, numbers matching engine is out of the car, 318 in it right now. The guy I bought it from said the 340 blew a head gasket and he pulled it and dropped in the 318. I have not disassembled the 340 to check its condition. 727 is matching numbers but will need rebuilt- 8.75 suregrip. Fender tag is gone, have not located a build sheet (only checked the rear seat so far) The car runs in its current condition, but not well, brakes are inop due to a bad master cylinder- I even bought a new one and havent even had time to install that) Clear title in my name, located in Illinois. So let me know what you think its value might be, Thanks. By the way, the pics are from when I bought the car over a year ago, but nothing has changed.

demon 001 (Small).jpg

demon 002 (Small).jpg

demon 003 (Small).jpg

demon 005 (Small).jpg

demon 006 (Small).jpg

demon 007 (Small).jpg

demon 008 (Small).jpg

demon 009 (Small).jpg

demon 011 (Small).jpg

demon 012 (Small).jpg

Hard to say. I'd guess around $4000-$4500 Beings that its going to need restored. Fender tag is gone. And the condishion of the #'s 340 is pretty much unknown.

I'm no appraiser of iron but you feel that car is worth that much in this economy ...
I think to much Barrett/ Jackson is beginning to ruin this hobby ..I think 3k would be a good day for the Demon...its getting difficult to find realistic buys today and I've seen to many cars rot in fields or driveways because the owner would rather it rotted than get screwed...when he really wasn't getting screwed he was offered a real world price for his car...this number matching bulls#it is hurting the young guys who want to get involved in classic/muscle cars and they go elsewhere [ricers /neon light wheezers] ...with a few exceptions number matched cars weren't the end all and beat all even in there day... that why we added headers, cams, intakes and head work...my reworked 440 beat street hemi's that I'm sure were numbers matching because they just left the factory in 1968/69...just a gray beards opinion...and you know what they say about opinions

$2500 will be hard to get thses days.......

Based upon what I've seen lately, I would agree. If you really want know, throw it on ebay with a high reserve, opening bid $1 and see what the market provides. Not necessarily the best way to sell a car, but more often than not it will tell you what is worth within reason. If you want to sell it, then leave off the reserve.

I've been sort of negotiating with a guy who has a decent 72 Dart ...he has had it on craigslist for a month and twice on ebay [ bidding ended at 3050 and 3450 on ebay] ...He has been asking 5500 and came down to 5200 after all this time....the two runs on ebay kind of give you an idea of the market as a lot of people who are looking to buy will see the car ....me I'm still looking

Real 340 72 Demons are hard to find in any condition. Missing the tag and broadcast sheet will hurt it, but for someone looking for a 72 Demon, it might not matter.
Are you seriously putting the car up for sale or are you phishing?

I will ask again... How the hell do all these fender tags get lost?

I'm assuming whoever did the repaint years ago removed it and never replaced it, I agree it would help to have the tag and/or the buildsheet, guess I'm gonna have to find some time somehow to do some more searching for that buildsheet. You guys are probably right, an ebay test may give a more accurate feel for the market. At this point I'm thinkin maybe I'll just get the engine and trans rebuilt and drive it with the semi-crappy body. Wish there were about 10 more hours to a day, maybe then I could actually work on MY stuff!!

Real 340 72 Demons are hard to find in any condition. Missing the tag and broadcast sheet will hurt it, but for someone looking for a 72 Demon, it might not matter.
Are you seriously putting the car up for sale or are you phishing?

Testing the waters to decide whether to sell or not, from the consensus on value so far, I'm leaning toward keeping it. I understand market value is market value, but if its only worth 2500, I'll keep it and do what I can when I can with it.

I will ask again... How the hell do all these fender tags get lost?

Easy if you are as old as I am, back in the day they were a peice of metal usually rusted that were junk, gota clean up the motor compartment. Tossed a 71 Challenger dash , rt 340 4 p pistol grip, b5, with white vINYL TOP and blue interior ripped the dash out with the vin tag, so i COULD PUT IN THE black dash , vins, numbers fendertags, did not matter to us old dudes, numbers game only started in the late 90's we loved these cars when it didnt matter what the combo/tag said a piece of metal or a crapy pc of paper inthe back seat want more than trash back then. Only a flipper cares about the numbers, although its nice to have the docs these days

Fender tags get lost when people paint their cars.They take them off and to the paint store because they don't know the paint code and the paint store will then thet get lost.They also get lost when people paint engine bays.They also get taken off in junk yards now days by people who should know better.When I take a fender tag off of one of my cars it gets screwed to my garage wall as soon as I remove it. Jim

Easy if you are as old as I am, back in the day they were a peice of metal usually rusted that were junk, gota clean up the motor compartment. Tossed a 71 Challenger dash , rt 340 4 p pistol grip, b5, with white vINYL TOP and blue interior ripped the dash out with the vin tag, so i COULD PUT IN THE black dash , vins, numbers fendertags, did not matter to us old dudes, numbers game only started in the late 90's we loved these cars when it didnt matter what the combo/tag said a piece of metal or a crapy pc of paper inthe back seat want more than trash back then. Only a flipper cares about the numbers, although its nice to have the docs these days

I may not be as old as some but I have been in the hobby for about 25 years. From my experiences numbers have always mattered (specifically on performance models).

Saying "Only a flipper cares about the numbers," is far from accurate.

Fender tags get lost when people paint their cars.They take them off and to the paint store because they don't know the paint code and the paint store will then thet get lost.They also get lost when people paint engine bays.They also get taken off in junk yards now days by people who should know better.When I take a fender tag off of one of my cars it gets screwed to my garage wall as soon as I remove it. Jim

Yes... A friend of mine had a paint shop lose the fender tag on his SuperBee back in the 90s. He was able to sue for "potential value loss" and won $6500.

(Really... It worked out that he didn't have to pay for the paint job)

I am not a flipper and I am very pleased to have my fender tag and buildsheet for my 68 GTS.Myself I would not pay big money for a true Mopar Muscle car without one or the other.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back