What's It Worth? - A-Body 4spd

-
The guy who has it says it's worth "at least $400" to him. I've had a B-Body trans for years. Could never get spit for it. My car's no resto, and I had a 69 Dart years ago that had a b-body trans in it before I bought it as a roller. Maybe I should just use the one I have.

That is $300 plus or minus $200. In other words….. I have seem then from $100 (they don't come up for sale at this price very often) up to and sometimes over $500.

$400 is on the high side of average.

i got mine for 200 with a shifter and rods then another hundred for bell and centerforce clutch and pressure plate

So would I, russduane!! lol!
Maybe I'll sell my 727 and the b body box and get one of those 5spd McLeods. =P~
$400, the high side of average, is good news for selling the one for the b body.

$100 for mine last year at a Chevy swap meet. lol...it's not the transmission itself that was expensive, it was the sum of all the other parts needed....clutch/pressure plate, Brewers rebuild kit for $200, Z-bar rebuild kit, pedals, etc.

The guy who has it says it's worth "at least $400" to him. I've had a B-Body trans for years. Could never get spit for it. My car's no resto, and I had a 69 Dart years ago that had a b-body trans in it before I bought it as a roller. Maybe I should just use the one I have.

I would tell him unless it's been recently rebuilt it's only worth 250 to you , he's HIGH

I appreciate all of your responses.
I'm selling some parts and the guy offered the trans in partial trade. I want to put a stick in the Duster I'm building, eventually. I have a good 727 w/ reverse valve body and a 9" converter. I think I'll turn down the trans he's offering, since I need a lot of other stuff for the car more than I need a trans. I need his cashola! :-D

-
Back