Whats It worth? Slant Six complete drive train?

-
That car is really nice. If you twin turbo, late hemi, dildo, buttplug and whack it off with all that modern chit, that car won't last another ten years. It's like all the honda boys and turbo LS boys. It's fun until it gets wrapped around a telephone pole doin somethin stupid with or being sold five times over because now you gotta build somethin even bigger and badder on down the line. It'll be wrecked and rustin out in somebody's back yard somewhere in the future. That car has lasted fifty years. If it gets hacked all to hell, it won't last another ten.

But it's not our car or our money. Go for it.

Y

Yeah so that’d be $150 and $500 shipping lol

Done I pay the $150 and YOU pay the shipping!!! LOL Or I can just go thru one of mine sitting here NOONE would give me $10 for! lol

I agree, there is a lot of good in just keeping a car original. Each of us find our fun where we find it!
Not everyone has to has a high $ resto mod or a big $ engine build, SB or BB.

It’s sad slant sixes don’t get the love or respect they deserve....they are not worth much. But this is a tough one...nice original and pretty rare car, leave it or hot rod it? What engine are you thinking about going with? Be cool to drop in a 340 and a 4-speed, I would keep all the original parts stored safe and down the road if you ever sell it they go with the car. Could add stripes too but I wouldn’t hack the hood for scoops, could maybe get another hood if you want. Is that original paint? How about some more pictures so we can all drool?!? Whatever you do, enjoy it!

Still haven't decided completely what I want to do yet. Just put her on the lift to do a little research. Have two dusters (1970 and 1971) The 1971 almost ready for paint big block drag car complete box tubing frame with complete roll cage removed everything from the core support to the tail panel and started over.

Still haven't decided completely what I want to do yet. Just put her on the lift to do a little research. Have two dusters (1970 and 1971) The 1971 almost ready for paint big block drag car complete box tubing frame with complete roll cage removed everything from the core support to the tail panel and started over.
Never any regrets keeping one original. They are only that way once!

The reason it's preserved so well is because it's boring and no one wanted to drive it even when new
From someone who drove a 6 cylinder 3 speed manual cross country, take it from me, it sucks. I couldn’t agree more.

Sell the engine to Uncle Tony. The 170 in the Miata won't last forever....

It's worth tying it to a piece of rope and using it to keep your boat in one place while you're fishing...
Sell it for anything you can get and use the money for a used carburetor for your new V8..

Everyone
I decided to upgrade it to front disc brakes ( DR Diff 5 x 4" bolt pattern ) and repair or replace some of the dented chrome around the windows and drip rail. Replace the front door panels etc . And keep it a slant six Demon. Too nice a car to cut it up. Slant six was totally rebuilt just found all the receipts. Carb could use a rebuild as it has sat too long.

Everyone
I decided to upgrade it to front disc brakes ( DR Diff 5 x 4" bolt pattern ) and repair or replace some of the dented chrome around the windows and drip rail. Replace the front door panels etc . And keep it a slant six Demon. Too nice a car to cut it up. Slant six was totally rebuilt just found all the receipts. Carb could use a rebuild as it has sat too long.

It'll be a really nice car, no matter which way you go. Look what you're startin with. How can it go wrong?

Everyone
Certainly can’t blame you for that.
It'll be a really nice car, no matter which way you go. Look what you're startin with. How can it go wrong?
It is really nice from what we can see.
Op can we get more pictures?

-
Back