What's it worth?

-
I don't take anything personal, no problem.
As soon as he makes a final decision I will post a for sale ad in the proper forum for him. I suspect the price will be $3,500 obo. We'll see.

A lot of this is going to be how nice the rest of it is, ya know? How nice is the interior etc. The car is basically worth about whatever it would be worth done minus what it's going to take to get it there. That's a little mixed up in the current market since you can buy most cars cheaper than you could restore them for, so that's not going to help you at all. But if the interior was all usable, I'd pay a lot more for it than if I had to hunt it all down!

OK guys, i posted earlier on what i found when i looked it up in the "Old Car Collector Guide"
A #1 car is a prestine trailer queen = $8500. A #6 car is considered a parts car = $340. Everythin else falls in between those two numbers. They have arrived at these #'s by reviewing auctions and private treaty sales. On some they are a bit conservative but this is how the old cookie crumbles. Granted i do know the parts are worth more than the whole car. Why i dont know but that's how it works many times.
Small Block

Collector Car Market Review Value Report

1973 DODGE DART SPORT 340 340-240hp (8cyl-4V) AT

---------------------------#5-----#4------#3-------#2--------#1
2dr Sedan--------------1125---3975---6750-----9700-----13925

Add:
4spd manual trans 7%
Air conditioning 10%
Bucket seats 5%
Console w/shift 5%
Sunroof-sliding 15%
Deduct:
3spd manual transmission -10%
Manual steering -5%

Add the 7% for 4sp and the 15% for sunroof right off the bat, then whatever else it has.

P.S. -- I think these numbers are QUITE high for this market. At the very least, they are a BIT high. I'm just saying it depends on where you get your #'s from, in the end, what can YOU get for a given car is all that matters. I think the high end right now would fall closer to what Small Block posted. Not sure about the low end. If this car goes for cheap enough, PM me LOL... I will find a way to get it home pending more pics!

it sucks but it is a known fact that you make more cash by parting out but it sucks to do so then again its the reason for guys like us to collect manny difrent cars to buil one other no matter what type of car your into

by parting out also you risk to sit on parts for a while and often your stuck with an empty shell (sometimes goes to scrap metal thus robbing the world of yet an other car)

-
Back