What's it worth?

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
a 73 Dart Sport (Demon), 340, 4 speed, sunroof, Snorkel hood scoop, original parts, matching numbers, bare to the metal prepped for paint.

Belongs to a buddy who wants to sell to fund other projects. Hope to have pictures soon.

Not much info, maybe 2k. Remember nice restored 71 demon 340's are having a hard time cracking 20K in this market

PICS will come later I hope.
It is a completely rust free car. I think he told me once that it came from CA. It has been garaged in Colo. for the past several years.

Finally got some pictures.
DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0442.jpg

Some more work has been done since these pictures. I believe it is just about ready for paint now.

I believe he does have everything including the original 340 and four speed.

as a buyer i try to get it for 1200 to 1500 if i knew i couldnt get it cheaper and for this price engine and trans at least would have to be in deacent running order

as a seller id ask 4k lol i just wouldnt sell it and if it would sell wtf why not right lol

Seriously? for a numbers matching 340 4-speed car with build sheet, clean title and fender tag. There is a lot more to it than what you see in the pictures. Everything is there, it was a running driving car just taken apart for paint and body. The pictures don't do it justice.

It's worth what ever someone will give him, the problem is it's in pieces so the only people interested are gonna be people looking to make money on it after it's finished, start out like 74duster84 said $4000. and go down, if you list it somewhere get pics of EVERYTHING all the pieces so people know it includes everything to finish it. good luck, I'd like to have it myself, but then I would be all by myself as I wouldn't be married anymore.....hehe

Seriously? for a numbers matching 340 4-speed car with build sheet, clean title and fender tag. There is a lot more to it than what you see in the pictures. Everything is there, it was a running driving car just taken apart for paint and body. The pictures don't do it justice.

well the pluses of it are its a 340 4 speed with a sun roof. the huge minus is that its in a million pieces and its a dart sprot not a demon. gonna take a ton of money to put that ***** back together properly. probably be cheaper to go buy a finished one.

Looks like it would take more work to be "ready for paint" but if you mean all the major bodywork is done, okay. I would pay more for it (if it were local) than these guys are saying, but ONLY if the metal work has been done well so it wouldn't need to be done over again, and if the 340 and 4-speed are good (meaning good non-locked up cores ready to be rebuilt) and are truly matching #'s. And assuming the rest of the car is complete and all major parts are usable. That's a lot of IF's, but it sounds like that's what you're saying it is. BUT, I wouldn't pay to transport this car above and beyond the price.

Sure, it's not a Demon, and it's not even really a year that I like, but it's still a cool car optioned nicely and matching #'s to boot, what the heck.

What was your friend thinking it was worth?

BTW…. That is far from ready for paint.

I agree with the above $1,200 - $1,500. But I would need to drink a 12 pack before you would get that $1,500 out of me.

doesn't look like any body work has been done yet. just partially stripped.

LOL, exactly. The only good thing about the car in the condition it's in is that at least you can see what you're getting body-wise. I sure hope he covers it with Picklex or similar pretty soon though, to avoid a rougher time doing the bodywork later. But if he thinks it's "ready for paint" now, he probably wouldn't think of something like that...?

I think the hard part about selling any car right now is transportation and that there are so many for sale. That's a car I'd really like to have, and I wouldn't be afraid of it, but it would cost a lot to transport it, especially in the state it's in with the motor etc out of it, and all the body parts off.

"Some more work has been done since these pictures. I believe it is just about ready for paint now."

I've got an email in for more recent pictures.

Ahhhhhh.... didn't see that, sorry. I'd almost prefer it be the way it was in the pics so you know what you're getting (how it was done and how it started), but still, saves a lot of work in that case.

I think in parts it's worth more than $1500, but it would be a shame to part it.

quote: 1968FormulaS340
What was your friend thinking it was worth? $3,500

BTW…. That is far from ready for paint. (see above post)

Then go hand the dude 10K for it while yer droolin all over it. lol

All kiddin aside, TWO things are deal breakers for ME personally. I DETEST sunroff cars. Unibody cars were not made to have holes in the roof. PERIOD. Chrysler never did it. Ensue arguement (here), but it's a fact.

Secondly, and to "ME" personally this is the biggest one. It's a BEAK car. They SUCK. Sorry. Remember, you DID ask.

If you can pick it up for under $4000,I would buy it.IMO the drivetrain alone is worth $1500(#,s matching).Being an H-code car with sunroof,these are getting rarer everyday.Guys are fixing up F-body Aspen/Volare/RR,s and fetching good money.To me this car is a 73 Demon with a beak LOL.Again just my opinion.Good luck with the buy.
View attachment car 012.jpg

Then go hand the dude 10K for it while yer droolin all over it.

There's a LOT of room between $1500 and $10,000!

That said, I think it's worth closer to $1500 than to $3500 though, honestly. If it were complete and running, it would be worth more than it is now... real hard to sell a torn-apart project car.

Well, what I was sayin is, people are kinda tryin to look out for him and he seems to wanna give the dood more than what it's worth......I was just bein funny. Meant no disrespect. Just be careful is all. I really don't like beaks, though. LOL But Scott....I must admit, and have before that yours is really nice.

Beaks can be made to look good and also faster than any brand.If it,s the car you want,grab it and enjoy it.

P.S I wish my car had a sunroof.=P~

Driveline alone, if decent, is worth about 1500-2000 if complete, air cleaner, carb, exh etc.

I'd figure in the 2500 area. If it's got a fold down rear seat, it's pretty rare car, not super desirable, but rare.

Only problem is the 73 cars max out at about 12-14K when done really nice.

I have a 340 auto car that is hard to sell.

i didnt want to shock you this is just truelly my opinion of what i would pay for it.....

and we need to stop overpaying for these cars and parts this only causes everything to be more expensive and does not help annything....

just for example i went to see a 74 duster 360 numbers match (car was parked for 20 years because the guy killed a kid with it . it needed a complete restoration but over all in ok shape i offered 1500$ and the guy accepted i sad i would be back at noon the next day.. mean while some punk who had no intention or could have bought it smartly told him awsome car its gotta be worth at least 4000$ guess what the guy decided ..........the car is still there rotting away and will stay there .........lession learned always have cash iin hand not in your bank account lol

and i dont want to enrage annyone this is not my intention im wrong about alot of things in life this could be one of them just my way of thaughts

i hope your friend sells it and gets what he wants tho i really do but when he does id like to know how much he got just to satify my curiosity.....

-
Back