What's it worth?

-

SH0RTBUS

Reaction score
I am removing a running /6 and 3 speed manual trans from my 69 Dart and need to know what a fair asking price is. Will include everything from air cleaner to oil pan, starter (looks new), and trans. Motor and trans are in good working order and are from a one owner car. The vehicle these will be pulled from has been garage kept and everything well maintained. I'd like to put these items up on craigslist so they are not taking up space in my small garage. Thanks in advance for any help!

In Oregon you would lucky to get $250 for it. Texas may be different. through it on c/l for $500 and see if you get any bits.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not hoping to get rich here, I just want to post a price where I can make a few bucks and someone gets a good deal on a running motor/trans without me having it posted for too long.

I'd ask $200 OBO and the market will tell you what it's worth. Take good pictures and write a good description, including every known keyword that might apply. Bump it to the top of CL every couple days. After a while, slowly start dropping the price. See what happens. Good luck!!

$100 is a good price. Sometimes you can sell them for more if a guy really needs one and is in a bind. Sometimes you have to just give them away because no one wants them. You never know.

/6 can be good swap material. I traded mine for labour to change out the K member. Everyone was happy.

-
Back