What's it worth?

-

Badart

Reaction score
I think on Friday I am going to look at this rust free 20' Barge. Talked to the owner tonight. All original 84K 1971 Chrysler Imperial. Loaded and I mean loaded. First year for ABS and it has it. Cruise, AC, auto head light dimmer and many other options. It has the 335hp 440 and runs. Interior is nice as you can see. The car has been sitting in a barn since 1989 and was his grandmothers car and she bought it new.

I am thinking about driving it for a while after cleaning it up. He wants $2k for it but says that the price is negotiable.

Attachments

• Imperial.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 281
  • Imperial 2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 287
  • Imperial 3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 286
  • Imperial 4.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 280
  • Imperial 5.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 292
Nice! See if he'll take 1500. I'd say it's worth what someone will pay and I'd pay 1750 and think I'd got a rockin' deal. I'd drive it though with no intent of resale.

Start at 1200. But that's badass. lol

John, Imperials are so fun to drive. I would offer the guy $1300 or so first. I would paint it black make it a mafia cruiser. :)

Just for fun, here's my old 72. :)
100_3287.jpg

Wow....those are so cool. And ABS?!? I really find that almost impossible to believe!! I can see the cruise control under the hood there. Yeah, nice.....but definitely have green in hand when you go in there to play hardball. It looks so much more classy.

I will most likely take a drive. Sorry Jeremy I'm not painting it satin black. I think that if I got it I would leave it stock and just drive the beast.

I will most likely take a drive. Sorry Jeremy I'm not painting it satin black. I think that if I got it I would leave it stock and just drive the beast.

Take a video when yo get behind a Prius.:evil:

While I can see the cool factor I don't see a big market for that car with gas prices near $4 a gallon. I would start at about $500 and probably not be interested at anything more than a grand. Your going to need money left over for fuel and repairs. :D

Badart, that is so freaking cool i love it!!! Definitely get it $2,000 and under it's a steal no matter what you pay:) 335hp is "required" to move a tank like that! hahahaha

Thanks everyone. I was actually going to start at $1000 and go from there. We will see. I hope that I survive the wrath of the old lady. :D

Belongs in a survivor tent at the next car show!

it being a 4 door is not real desireable in My book but 2k is a deal for any decent transportation and anything under 2k would be a bonus. Check the frame/floors/trunk.

Have fun and good luck

Thanks everyone. I was actually going to start at $1000 and go from there. We will see. I hope that I survive the wrath of the old lady. :D

If its been sitting for 20+ years I see about $600 in tires $200 in fuel system cleaning, and $200 in brake repairs. Hopefully all that work has already been done. I cant imagine there would be a strong market of buyers for a 4 door imperial.

It does look really nice but I would say your definitetly in a buyers market with that car.

If its been sitting for 20+ years I see about $600 in tires $200 in fuel system cleaning, and $200 in brake repairs. Hopefully all that work has already been done. I cant imagine there would be a strong market of buyers for a 4 door imperial.

It does look really nice but I would say your definitetly in a buyers market with that car.

Yep, Yep and Yep. I wouldn't buy it to make a profit on it. I would buy it to enjoy it. I don't think any of us would be driving these old money pits if we sat down on paper and figured out what would be the most logical choice. We would all be driving Honda Civics. Right? We do this for the love of the hobby and enjoying these old cars. Thanks for the advice.

it being a 4 door is not real desireable in My book but 2k is a deal for any decent transportation and anything under 2k would be a bonus. Check the frame/floors/trunk.

Have fun and good luck

Correction!.......4-door HARDTOP! I friggin' love 4-door hardtops! They look so cool cruising with all the windows down! :burnout: :glasses7:

Yep, Yep and Yep. I wouldn't buy it to make a profit on it. I would buy it to enjoy it. I don't think any of us would be driving these old money pits if we sat down on paper and figured out what would be the most logical choice. We would all be driving Honda Civics. Right? We do this for the love of the hobby and enjoying these old cars. Thanks for the advice.

I agree haven't owned to many cars that make money. lol... Funny how we talk about being upside down on the old cars yet we loose thousands when buying and driving newer cars. Even the Honda Civics.

-
Back