What's it worth?

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok I've got limited info on this car but I'll give y'all what I've got.

It's a 1972 340 Duster roller. It has most of the interior but is rough, rust in lower 1/4s and under the tail lights. No motor or trans, I believe it's got an 8 1/4 rear end under it but the pic I got of the rear housing sucked! There's no grill, Idk if its got a rallye or standard dash. I haven't seen the car in person yet and don't know what the frame or floors look like but let's say the rust mentioned above is the worst on the car what would be decent prices ranging from parts car to pretty solid restorable roller? I know there isn't a whole lot of info here and some will say they need more but this is all I got.
View attachment image.jpg

I would say 1,500- 2,000 - considering, small rear, no engine or trans, rust, int. bad. this is the one on craigslist right,

sounds like $1500 or under kind of deal, car looks okay from passengers side but someone has been at the drivers side and gave up, plus you don't know how many parts its missing

sounds like $1500 or under kind of deal, car looks okay from passengers side but someone has been at the drivers side and gave up, plus you don't know how many parts its missing

So if I can get it for $900 or less plus bout $150 for gas I should go take a closer look?

Yea he's got it at 950. Idt he knows mopars cause its just listed as a v8 car and when I asked about what rearend it has all he said was small bolt

Here's the crappy pic of the rearend
View attachment image.jpg

don't know how many parts its missingSo if I can get it for $900 or less plus bout $150 for gas I should go take a closer look?

I would, worse case, you can always get some or all back in parts, depends. fender tag? an documentation? If not I would try about $500 and use it for parts

IMHO, that is a car someone else allready stripped the valuable parts off of.

Maybe there are a few things left. But they will take a long time to sell. Someone else got to this one first and made the real money off it.

Are you interested in stripping all the good parts off your 72 318 Duster onto this one? Would you paint the car back to it's original GY4 Honeydew paint (gold)?

If not pass on this. You are basically buying a fender tag with a body that matches it.

I could see you increasing the value of fixing up this car to the tag if you allready had the parts. And this car better be more solid that your current one.

x2, the valuable parts are mainly, 340 exhaust manifolds, 340, rearend, seats/int. ect,.. if you were going to make a project I would get it, I would get it either way but its to far..

imho, that is a car someone else allready stripped the valuable parts off of.

Maybe there are a few things left. But they will take a long time to sell. Someone else got to this one first and made the real money off it.

Are you interested in stripping all the good parts off your 72 318 duster onto this one? Would you paint the car back to it's original gy4 honeydew paint (gold)?

If not pass on this. You are basically buying a fender tag with a body that matches it.

I could see you increasing the value of fixing up this car to the tag if you allready had the parts. And this car better be more solid that your current one.

x2

Whatever you're willing to pay for it.

Here's what I was thinkin. My wife wants a duster too so what I was thinkin is buy that 340 car and using that one as mine and build the one I have for my wife. Since the 340 has the tag n mine don't I'm thinking bout takin the scoops, the entire drivetrain and the sharktooth from mine n puttin it in the 340 car since then for my wife's car (the 318 duster) I'd put in an 8.8 rear, 5.9 and OD. I'd run the 318 from the nc duster in the 340 duster till I get a 340 to put in it.

That's a great Idea, I would do that in a heartbeat, get the duster going for the wifey and you will be building a 340 duster, its a win win , in my opinion DO IT haha

One or the other would be sitting for a few years.. But I do have 2 extra bays in my shop so neither car will be outside.

Here's what I was thinkin. My wife wants a duster too so what I was thinkin is buy that 340 car and using that one as mine and build the one I have for my wife. Since the 340 has the tag n mine don't I'm thinking bout takin the scoops, the entire drivetrain and the sharktooth from mine n puttin it in the 340 car since then for my wife's car (the 318 duster) I'd put in an 8.8 rear, 5.9 and OD. I'd run the 318 from the nc duster in the 340 duster till I get a 340 to put in it.

Do you have a 8.8 rear, 5.9 and OD right now?

Would you paint the 340 car is original GY4? If you are not going to restore that 340 shell to the tag, and you are just going to put a non numbers motor in it, I think you should pass. Find a car you like, then build it.

BTW this is what GY4 looks like:

Carlisle%202007%20298.jpg

attachment.php

As far as the color, her cars gonna be FM3 and I'm plannin on paintin mine B5

No reason to spend the money on that shell to get a fender tag and change the color. Buy a better more complete car.

If you are keeping the other Duster, that means you will have to buy the missing exterior, interior, etc parts to build this 340 shell. It will nickel and dime you to death. If you have to buy and pickup a $2000 car just to put this $950 car back together..... Then drivetrain. And then you have to store them and not enjoy them while you are trying to find parts.

I get wht the op is trying to do, by the sounds of it he is going to do a big resto for himself anyway, so this car is just a base, you need to start somewhere , get the other car done for your wife and then do a resto on this one your way

I get wht the op is trying to do, by the sounds of it he is going to do a big resto for himself anyway, so this car is just a base, you need to start somewhere , get the other car done for your wife and then do a resto on this one your way

I completely understand what he is trying to do.

Over the last 25 years, I've seen myself and have seen others do/try the same thing. And I've learned from the net end result that starting with car that is not stripped of it's parts is a much cheaper, much less time consuming, and much greater change of actually finishing the car, than buying a stripped shell.

The cheap initial "buy in" is a temptress that bites you in the end.

-
Back