what's it worth?

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
I have a shot at picking up a 64 Valiant Convertible that has been stripped. It is all there as far as the body goes and the top framework is all there, it is a colorado car and there is some rust through around the rear wheel wells. The undercarriage floors and trunk are in excellent shape. The thing that scares me is the dash and all wiring harnesses are gone. I know I can get the dash and harnesses locally at a salvage yard, but how hard will it be to figure it all out in the end. I do have my 4-door Valiant to use as a go by for reference. So what do you guys think? I should be getting pictures Monday or Tuesday to attach to this thread.

If a good clean title....$2-300. you could always part the metal out for that.
Unfortunately, early A's, even ragtops, don't pull money like the later As or other styles. Complete, full-up 66 Valiant vert I had sold for $650. need bodywork, but it was all there.

thats funny you asked that ? i am looking at a 66 barracudda...same problem, stripped the guy wants 400 for it...all frame work for convert is their....roller I think I can get all the parts here for it....

Price the top bows alone and see how much parts can be worth, yet the cars seem cheaper, kind of strange. I have removed and replaced several harnesses in A-bodys and I have found them to be laid out well and are easy to replace where everything belongs. I wouldn't hesitate taking it on myself, I have always wanted a ragtop but they are getting hard to find.

The early-As are about the only affordable cool vintage cars left but they are worth more in parts than as complete cars, even the convertibles. This means you'll be upside-down before you know it. So if you want a cool hobby project it sounds pretty decent just don't expect to get most of your money out of it.

I gave 400 for my 65 Dart vert and 200 for my 66 dart vert, both were complete, the 66 I drove off the trailer and into my yard. I had already started restoring the 65 when I found the 66 or I would have done it. I needed the top frame since the 65 had a broken arm. Was thinking of selling or parting the 66..we'll see..

but the seller turns out to be a real d-h, so I won't be buying anything from him and hope to never have to see him again. Long story, but he is a liar, theif, etc, etc.

I don't believe it matters what you buy these days, the less complete that it is, the harder it will be to complete. The amount of "little" things (and there are tons of them) that are missing, incomplete or need repair, turn out to be quite staggering, and expensive. Having acquired a few project cars over the years, I've come to the conclusion that if it's not a running driving vehicle-then it's a parts car, and I pay appropriately (which means not very much in my lingo)........but hey, that's just me!
Daryl

I have recently purchased a rustfree 66 Dart from lower states.The PO had already started the offy 4bbl. intake,holley 4bbl.,headders and dual exhaust also lokar throttle and kickdown.He must have given up cause of elec.problem.Which these cars are very basic electrically,I traced the problem to old wiring in the block(fixed and car runs great)Oh also took lokar setup off and replaced gas peddle and cable and made my own bracket for throttle.Can,t find any 43 year old rustfree cars in Ontario unless there in a museum.

-
Back