What's missing from here?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

here is a picture of all the 4 speed mechanical clutch linkage stuff i have. What am i missing? i know i need a throwout bearing, i have the whole pedal assembly, and i will need the frame reinforcement bracket as well...is there anything else?
IMG_0607.jpg

looks like you need the z bar nylon bushing kit w/clips and the rod that goes threw the floor to the clutch pedal.

do you have a link to a picture of that? thanks

ditch the clutch safety switch. It's better to start the engine in neutral, so your axial bearing from the crankshaft doesn't get eaten away by the lack of oil pressure during start up. By pressing down the clutch you put a huge force on that bearing.

Antoon

ditch the clutch safety switch. It's better to start the engine in neutral, so your axial bearing from the crankshaft doesn't get eaten away by the lack of oil pressure during start up. By pressing down the clutch you put a huge force on that bearing.

Antoon

thanks for that tip man...anything else that i am missing?

I bought a boot and the nylon bushing kit for my 67 last year. Damn if I remember where but they are available. Getting those little seals over the ball ends is a *****. Throw them in boiling water and grease them to install.

does brewers sell any of this stuff?

hey crackedback, thanks for the links...so im going to need all that stuff brand new that you listed as obviously there just worth it to buy new plus the stuff that i already linked to already right? i still need to find the link to the z bar nylon bushing kit and clips as well

hey crackedback, thanks for the links...so im going to need all that stuff brand new that you listed as obviously there just worth it to buy new plus the stuff that i already linked to already right? i still need to find the link to the z bar nylon bushing kit and clips as well

If you have good used pieces they will work.

The first link is the z bar bushings. You need 4 of them.
The clips are the second link.

The z bar bushings are usually held in place by a tab that stick in through a hole in your z bar. the small piece of metal is usually welded to the z bar.

Look for "torque shaft" at brewers from the menu in clutch linkage The kits are in there, but, include a bunch of stuff you already have.

i still need the torque shaft rod and cover as well to correct? thanks for the help crackedback

Mine has a snap lock type deal that goes in this hole on each side.... I can't remember but I believe it holds the nylon bushings in place on that side of the Z-BAR.

I don't know the proper name of it.

IMG_0607.jpg

Pardon my ignorance here, but what is the bracket on the top left? Pretty sure it was not on any 4-speed A-body I've ever owned, but it is hard to see exactly what it is. Also isn't the push-rod on the lower right next to the fork, for the master cylinder? Looks just like my early A, MC push-rod. Sorry, but I can't tell from the pic.

Also it appears you are missing the long spring that attaches to the Z-bar, and the clutch fork.

Mine has a snap lock type deal that goes in this hole on each side.... I can't remember but I believe it holds the nylon bushings in place on that side of the Z-BAR.

I don't know the proper name of it.

hey mullinax, the second link that crackedback posted for me is i think the snap lock clips you are talking about for the z bar

Pardon my ignorance here, but what is the bracket on the top left? Pretty sure it was not on any 4-speed A-body I've ever owned, but it is hard to see exactly what it is. Also isn't the push-rod on the lower right next to the fork, for the master cylinder? Looks just like my early A, MC push-rod. Sorry, but I can't tell from the pic.

the torque shaft and the long spring which attaches to the z bar and clutch fork is attached to my pedal assembly (I would have taken a picture of all that too, but my dads car is in the way to gain access to it)...that bottom peice beside the fork is the MC pushrod, it was just in the box of stuff so it was in the picture as well...those two peices that are on the top left are both for the bellhousing, just going to have to see which one i will end up using depending on which is the correct one (probably the one on the right i would assume)

No... that's not it.

It actually wraps around the z-bar.

Here it is... sticks out like a sore thumb.

TSW910 torque shaft retaining wire

http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.asp?cat=106

hey mullinax, thanks for the info...i was thinking of picking up this kit here...it has what you are talking about plus the other stuff i need with some new parts of what i already have...gonna price it all out first, but i have to figure out what i need first
http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CSK482

the torque shaft and the long spring which attaches to the z bar and clutch fork is attached to my pedal assembly (I would have taken a picture of all that too, but my dads car is in the way to gain access to it)...that bottom peice beside the fork is the MC pushrod, it was just in the box of stuff so it was in the picture as well...those two peices that are on the top left are both for the bellhousing, just going to have to see which one i will end up using depending on which is the correct one (probably the one on the right i would assume)
Hahaha! so it was a trick question! Looks like I passed the test. :wave:
The piece on the right is most likely the correct piece for your application. It is the same bracket as on my Demon and both my '69 Swingers.

hey crackedback, thanks for that diagram...it's a big help...looking at that diagram looks like i only need the stuff you gave me the links to and the clips that mullinax is talking about...I have some of the other stuff attached to the pedal assembly still (really wish i had taken pictures of it)...I need that boot for the rod that attaches to the z bar as well as the clutch fork seal too...i think thats about it..if im wrong please tell me, but you guys have covered it all it seems...im such a dumb noob to this its not even funny, so i really appreciate the help guys

-
Back