Whats my duster worth?

-

tyler1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a 70 duster that is an original slant 6 car that now has a 69 340 in it. I am looking to sell because i am stationed in 29 palms and my parents want to get it out of the garage sense i wont be home anytime soon. The body has rust in the lower quarters and some surface rust in the trunk. The floor pans have been replaced. It has new carpet, headliner, dash has been resprayed. It has racing seats in it now, but i also have the original bench. The 340 is rebuilt and in the car but currently not running. I have all the parts to get it running though, it has a rebuilt 904 with zero miles out to a 7 1/4 rear end. Rallys all around with drum brakes. I have a ton of extra parts to go with it also. What is a fair price for a car as it sits?

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 216
  • photo.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 210
  • photo-2.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 212
Here this might help the sale.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHRcKD8T17g"]YouTube - ‪Robert Plant-29 Palms‬‏[/ame]

Jeez, I'll never be that kind of parent. I'm the type that'll try and get it running while my kid is away. Man that burns my azz.

Jeez, I'll never be that kind of parent. I'm the type that'll try and get it running while my kid is away. Man that burns my azz.

Exactly. And if I was your neighbor, I'd push it into my garage and get it running while you're away. Of course the rear tires might not have any tread left when you got back, but hey, you'd thank me later. :burnout:

Wylde1.

in this economy, it is hard to say. i see some nice done ones going for 8 grand on flebag, and i have sold a few at low prices. it helps that it has a 340, but hurts cause you still have the 904 and 7.25 rear. also, it is not a real 340 car, but is a nice starting point

My parents don't really have the know how to get it running and i have been wanting a B body or a good running slant 6 car. I was hoping to get 4,000 for everything but i understand with todays economy.

I'd let you keep it in my garage if it's close to SE Kansas.. I would say 5000 easy, you would have to list the extra parts to get the best estimation.. like everyone said with the economy being how it is, idk if anyone would even pay that much.

^^^^5 grand?????????????????????????????

cars on here that are more complete and driving dont bring that much.lol

id say about 2,300.00 - 2,850.00

I have seen cars less complete go for more, but I agree with it not being a numbers car. I think he could still pull that much, I mean hell its got a sharktooth, rebuilt 340 and minimal rust, hood scoops and a spoiler, after market seats. add up what you paid for all of that then a little bit more for the car and decide for yourself.

maybe out your way. i am not arguing your point, but what ads the most of the cost is the engine!

I agree, I am not trying to argue either. Cost vary across the states and 340's are pretty much gold where I am at, he just needs to find the right trade or buyer.

Exactly. And if I was your neighbor, I'd push it into my garage and get it running while you're away. Of course the rear tires might not have any tread left when you got back, but hey, you'd thank me later. :burnout:

Wylde1.

Wylde1, you're a fine upstanding young man volunteering your test driving skills in such a clearly unselfish manner. You should recieve some kinda good citizen award or something. :salute: lol

-
Back