Whats the best aluminum cylindar heads?

-

adart4me

Reaction score
Alright guys I am running a 500" stroker with stock heads and a very mild streetable cam and I am running 12.15's in a 71 Dart. I am looking to upgrade to a mechanical roller cam and a set of ported aluminum heads, so what the best or the best bang for the buck out there. Id like to shave a second off my ET's. Everything on my car is built to take a ten second beating just need to get some more get up and go. So whats the best combo for roller cam and aluminum heads, Ive been looking at the Stealth heads and a comp cam.

A good set of Stage - 6 or Brodix B-1- BS will get you into the 9's fairly easy. But alot of this has to do with how good your chassis is and how much your car weighs, gearing and tire size, also how much converter or is it a 4 speed.

i've been running a set of indy sr's for over 10yrs,i think they are 2nd to none. the only thing you need different to bolt them on is a set of pushrods.for more information call musle motors in lansing michigan i know they would help you out, thats where i've been getting all my parts.

The car weights 3000lbs but I have some fiberglass parts to put on, so I should shave it down another 100 to 150lbs. The car has a full roll cage front to back and full weld in fram connectors, Caltracks with a Dana 60 with 410 gears, Dynamic 8" convertor and 727 with tranny break. Where can I find these stage VI heads, who makes them?

you should be running low 11's with what you have now !! are you hooking up?

Ya I am hooking up even get the front wheels off the ground the problem is the stock heads and the extremly mild steetable cam, 3/4 of the way down the track the motor isnt pulling any more. Im also running in a altitude of 3500 feet.

dont go crazy on big ported heads unless you have big compresion and big cam. Srs, Easys. Victors B1 and big will require more money and are not that nessary

Stage 6's are a Mopar head, check with who has HP Mopar parts, dealers, Mancini, Bill Bagshaw, etc., etc.

Looking at your post---id bolt on a set of CNC ported eddy rpm's , 84cc , from Modern Cylinder head.

ok--so lets go 10.99 or quicker.

Eddy Rpm heads out of the box will do that on a 470-500" stroker--so should 440source Stealth heads

stock type rockers / stock offset. custom length pushrods .

when you go to a raised port or max wedge port, (eddy Victor head , etc...)you will start needing custom headers, Offset rocker arms , etc.. depending on the head . After that--the B1 is the way to go for wedges.

(Not an Indy fan here)

Heres 2 examples of what can be done with low buck Edelbrocks :

max wedge victors on a 508 / medium roller / victor intake/ 72 cuda, 8.78 ET .

basic hand ported rpm's on a 493 / flat tappet/ pump gas / 70 dart , 10.58 ET.

lots of options with Edelbrock models and then B1 for Big power

-
Back