Whats the difference between the top three 5 speeds

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
I'm in the 5 speed OD market craze. I have been reading about these top 3 companies and their transmissions but none are actually out yet.
Keisler (RS 5 speed)
Passon (A833 5 speed OD)
Mcleod (5 speed)

I know the passon will be $4300 for trans and shifter. Any idea on the cost of the other two and what you get for that price?

My car is currently a auto so a more complete kit is better for me (trans, shifter, hump, pedals, clutch, bell housing, etc.). I figure I'd like to have something that can withstand up to the 600hp/Tq range. I heard that the RS from Keisler doesn't require to much hacking of the tunnel. I know I'm already gonna have to cut some to have the hump put in but the cleaner the better for me. Passon is a direct swap from my understanding. I don't know anything about the Mcleod other than something about the tail shaft and speedo not working correctly.

Can anyone shed some light on any of these units?

Jason

Anyone?

What price did the other the Keisler manual tranny sell for?

the passon is going to be a direct bolt in. 18 spline.

the mcleod- who knows if that will ever be out.

the keissler will probably be priced around the passon unit.

Current Mopar Action mag has complete story of Passon A855 5spd. Looks like a great bolt in trans with no mods required. Don't know much about others. Keisler supplies the kit to make the change complete from my understanding.

Yeah with the Passon I'm in it about $5500 B/C of all the conversion parts I have to have, tunnel, bell housing, pedals, etc... I was hoping the Keisler unit would be cheaper. I have heard ppl throwing prices around in the $3K range.. I wonder how true that actual is?

It has been 10 years that I did a Keisler set up in a Duster and at the time it was $4,000 or so. That was when you sent in your bellhousing and they reworked it to fit the TKO.

Right.. I was just reading that it was $4400-4700 for the TKO unit with everything included.. On Keislers web site is says $300-1000 cheaper than the old units.. maybe thats where ppl were getting that price?

Ok I just got some prices right from the horses mouth...

Keisler 600 RS 5 speed OD with everything included to go from a auto to manual = $5300

Passon A-833 5 speed OD with everthing included same as above = $6620

A couple of differences with these obviously..

Keisler: Customer has to modify the torsion bar cross member then cut a hole for the shifter... This was alarming to me at first but they said they have a 68 Barracuda in the shop now waiting on the instal and once they fab up the torsion bar cross member it will be included in the package.

Passon: No real modifications if you already have 4 speed.. but if your like me and need to cut anyways that doesn't really matter.

I closing I think the $1300 difference is going to play the largest role in my decision.

Ok I just got some prices right from the horses mouth...

Keisler 600 RS 5 speed OD with everything included to go from a auto to manual = $5300

Passon A-833 5 speed OD with everthing included same as above = $6620

A couple of differences with these obviously..

Keisler: Customer has to modify the torsion bar cross member then cut a hole for the shifter... This was alarming to me at first but they said they have a 68 Barracuda in the shop now waiting on the instal and once they fab up the torsion bar cross member it will be included in the package.

Passon: No real modifications if you already have 4 speed.. but if your like me and need to cut anyways that doesn't really matter.

I closing I think the $1300 difference is going to play the largest role in my decision.
I'm on the same wavelength,...I already have an 833, so I'll save a few bucks,...Passon seemed to be a popular fav among some FABO members..

Just remember both of the these transmissions will not be available until May-Jul...

Keisler say they are selling so many the soonest I could get one would be May.

Passon said his will be available when 100% of testing is complete which would be this summer.

Kinda tough predicament do I buy a Keisler for $1300 cheaper but have to find out what parts I need if anything goes south? Or buy a Passon which is more pricy but if something goes wrong I can always head to Napa and pick up a direct replacement?

Jason

-
Back